forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Thu 17 May 07 6:23pm

mutiny

From Melbourne
Member since Mon 30 Apr 07

My opinion on Jamie (lately)

It seems to me (who watches his shows every chance i get) that ever since Fifteen and the dinners project, he isnt as happy chappy as he used to be (and understandably i guess). It seems like hes had the life sucked right out of him. I do think that Jamie does a wonderful job with these projects and its greatly appreciated, but i think hes losing what was so great about him and what most of us fell in love with him about - his pure passion and love of food, making people happy with it and (i think most importantly) HAVING AN AWSOME TIME WITH IT. I recently went back and watched The Naked Chef series along with Oliver's Twist and i think the real fun that he used to get out of it seems to have been drained from him in these last few years. Even the Great Italian Escape which (from what i understand) was thought up as a way to get away from all that seemed to be just a huge amount of stress in itself.

So Jamie, as a young guy who got inspired by your passion, love and pure enjoyment you got from food, I rkn you take a much needed break me ol' mate.

Maybe some people disagree, but i think it would do a world of good just to put fifteen and whatever else on the back burner for a while. What do u guys rkn?

Likes (0)

#2 Fri 18 May 07 3:39am

Cindy

Forum champ
Occupation Registered Nurse
From Adelaide, OZ
Member since Tue 03 Aug 04

Re: My opinion on Jamie (lately)

Mutiny - I agree. Jaime just looks tired in Jaimes Chef.

Likes (0)

#3 Fri 18 May 07 8:17am

Maree

Forum champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

I agree that he looks tired. He still has the passion for what he does, but we don't see him jumping around, sliding down staircases or shooting hoops anymore. But, then, didn't he celebrate his 31st on Jamie's Chef at the Woodstock party?

He has grown up from a "young lad" into a man with the world watching. He is a celebrity, a chef (how often he gets to practice his art, I don't know), a
mentor, businessman, author, tv presenter, husband and father. How he ever gets any sleep or family/"down time" is beyond me.

He's finalising the new book (and hopefully-selfish me- dvd) and, I read recently has just signed up with the publishers for an autobiography. Don't know if the latter is true- blame the Sydney Morning Herald.

For him and his family, perhaps it would be great to take "time out". The reality is, though, given his commitments and "self", it would be very difficult to "walk away" for a break. Also, I guess, (my opinion only) he has to make the most of things while he can.

Just hope he doesn't burn out.

Jamie, if you read this thread, much love, admiration and gratitude for being so giving of yourself.

(In your words) "Big hugs",
Maree.

Last edited by Maree-in-Sydney (Fri 18 May 07 8:20am)

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#4 Fri 18 May 07 8:28am

michelle26

From Adelaide, OZ
Member since Tue 27 Sep 05

Maree is right .. he is getting older.  We are all not as young as we used to be.

But I do hope that he does take time out for himself and his family because he does alway seem so busy .. so full of energy and passion for life.

Someone, please give me what he is having...  cool

Likes (0)

#5 Fri 18 May 07 8:43am

Maree

Forum champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Michelle, I also want some of whatever he is having big_smile .

PS. Last September's Sydney shows (I went to two- had one of those "big 0" birthdays- booked the shows and a hotel for a couple of nights and charged it to my partner's credit card, lol).

Jamie was on for 3hrs, playing drums, cooking, bantering with the audience, having them on stage (sadly, not me  sad ) and jumping around (like the "old" [younger] Jamie).

The show the day after was just the same! Amazing!

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#6 Fri 18 May 07 8:52am

michelle26

From Adelaide, OZ
Member since Tue 27 Sep 05

My OH & I flew over from Adelaide to the 1st Melbourne show.  I didn't get picked either, but had a ball.

Likes (0)