Subscribe to forums RSS

#221 Sun 27 Jul 08 3:11am

frizz1974

Forum super champ
Occupation Mother of 2 working more than full time
From Wallerawang, Oz
Member since Wed 29 Jun 05

Re: Jamie's Fowl Dinners

Of course animals that are well looked after, fed & free to be natural  are happier & healthier, and of course this makes them taste better... thats just common sense.

They are leaner too... being a veggo you might not have ever had game, and things might be different in the much greener UK (if that is where you are from, but I think your an Aussie) but here in OZ the game is very lean.

I dont know why you are hung up on the RAW thing?

I cant understand your point. Please explain it in more detail.

Likes (0)

#222 Mon 28 Jul 08 11:03am

freezing

Member since Wed 23 Jul 08

yawn Well, we live in modern civilised countries where, as Iíve explained, it is not necessary to hunt for food.  We are supposed to be an intelligent race that has the ability TO MAKE CHOICES!!  It is not fair game.  animals are bred, reared and herded by the millions to make the homosapien fat!!!  They have no chance NONE

The point is if you ate raw meat you would think that it was barbaric.  It would make you sick, with the possibility of disease.  Raw chook will kill you.  Restaurants can be sued for serving raw or undercooked food.  Pregnant women are told not to eat raw food because of nasty (deadly) bacteria.  Why. because it's not natural.  Humans cook meat, smother it with flavourings, give the bit of meat a name (pork, sirloin, rump etc) so that they don't have to think about what they're eating.

Health professionals tell us to eat lots of veggies, RAW veggies to keep us healthy and happy.  Why would you go out of your way to eat something that is not good for you.  Laziness and ignorance.

We are disturbed deeply by the way the Jews were treated.  Why?  Because they're loving creatures that feel emotion & pain. How is that any different to the way the human race treats animals 

If you HATE animals, then go ahead!  Slaughter them!!  (if you can)
You might as well eat them then because you have no soul anyway!!

Would YOU kill the one you love???

I Wouldn't.

Likes (0)

#223 Mon 28 Jul 08 1:04pm

frizz1974

Forum super champ
From Wallerawang, Oz

Freezing, you EXPECT me to RESPECT your views, but you obviously dont respect mine...

On the RAW thing

You cant/dont eat raw potato, pumpkin, sweet potato, eggplant, just to name a few. Raw potato can make you very sick, and potato that has been exposed to light can kill you...

I dont think raw or rare meat is barbaric... chicken can make you sick if it is undercooked, but like i said so can potatoes.

I dont hate animals.. I love animals.. but I BELIEVE that we are MEANT to eat them. We are the top of the food chain, it comes with huge responsibilty. In fact there are some animals traditionally eaten in some cultures, that have become extinct or are on the endangered species list since they are now not used for food...

Of course you know that there are more cows, sheep, pigs & chickens on the planet than human beings... why? Because we eat them.. This doesnt hurt the chances of a species, it increases their chance of survival.

Of course, if you just want to have a childish argument, then....

.... FOR EVERY ANIMAL YOU DONT EAT, I WILL EAT TWO

Likes (0)

#224 Mon 28 Jul 08 1:20pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Welcome to the forum to all the new members that have recently joined  big_smile

freezing , I have read your posts, they seem to have been written with a degree of anger.
Why do you keep saying about 'raw meat' ?.. even in Iron age times most meat was cooked .
Some meat is eaten raw , but not all of it.
As you rightly say , chicken is likely to make you sick if you eat it raw.. of course it is , these birds are prone to  harbour salmonella .
I take it that you are vegetarian and you do not aprove of people eating meat.
Let me ask you a couple of questons... ( by the way ..this is out of curiosity rather than being awkward in any way, it is NOT meant to cause offence by asking them )

Do you own a pair of leather shoes, a leather belt or a leather bag ?
Have you ever eaten meat ?

Likes (0)

#225 Tue 29 Jul 08 3:20am

usdrew

Member since Mon 28 Jul 08

The person that said all chickens have to go through processing plants, this is incorrect.  Pork and beef-yes, but its still legal to slaughter chickens on site.  There are many farms that do this to cut production costs.

Likes (0)

#226 Tue 29 Jul 08 5:06am

TheBeast2

Forum champ
Member since Fri 31 Aug 07

The point is if you ate raw meat you would think that it was barbaric

Never heard of tartare, then?

Likes (0)

#227 Tue 29 Jul 08 5:12am

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

In Japan, it's not very common, but raw chicken is eaten.  I would not eat it outside of Japan and yet I would be pretty satisifed that eating it there if served in a reputable place would be perfectly safe and it would not disgust me at all.  Many people eat raw meat, raw fish and I have done so myself, it wasn't sickening, it was delicious.  The raw argument doesn't make much sense.  But, I respect your belief that eating meat is wrong and I'm not particularly in favor of eating meat, but I do eat it.  I try to eat the local foods where I am, but raw or cooked, I trust the chef to know how to make it palatable and appealing.

Likes (0)

#228 Tue 29 Jul 08 5:48am

frizz1974

Forum super champ
From Wallerawang, Oz

Ms Pablo... wow raw chicken.. Havent seen/heard of this before.

Not sure I could overcome my fears really.. you amaze me at time with all your travel & knowledge.  kiss

Likes (0)

#229 Tue 29 Jul 08 10:12am

kyliejdahl

Occupation Manager
From Melbourne, Australia
Member since Wed 14 Jun 06

Jamie,

Thank you for your program, Jamie's Fowl Dinners. Just brilliant. Many people may have thought it was too hard to watch, but it is about time people became aware of what they are eating & where it comes from.

Here is a little website that may interest you & all your readers. It is with numbers that we can change things for the better.

www.freebetty.com

Keep up the great work!!! thumbsup  clap  smile

Likes (0)

#230 Mon 04 Aug 08 6:05pm

phoenix123

Member since Mon 04 Aug 08

I think freezing has made point I would like to elaborate on..

Back in the caveman days we would not have had the chance to be so selective as we are now. We choose what we eat, and we choose to eat alot of chicken..

The public are the sole entity to blame- it all boils down to the public's demand for a product. As freezing stated, animals are mass produced by the millions.. to. meet. the. demand. If there was no demand there would be no industry. People eat so much chicken because they loooove the taste of it! We can basically have anything we want on demand, and we demand chicken!! We overindulge ourselves in what we think tastes the best and it looks like chicken is top of the list. Its our own, very selfish, gluttonous fault. The industry has only developed these methods to cater to people's demand for chicken.

PS. Those arguing that they have no choice but to buy the cheap chicken.. have you not considered the vast amount of other options out there? Ie. Vegetables, fruit, pasta, rice, cereals, bread, even mince... If you have the space for it grow your own food.

Likes (0)