forum: Gardening / Growing

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Fri 18 Jan 08 10:06pm

Timnicebudimsum

Member since Fri 18 Jan 08

Leeks with Prosciuto - and Pasta - Jamie at Home Recipe - 17th

Tried this tonight - first time I ever entered a forum - and first time I ever tried to cook a celeb chef dinner  - It was absolutely Top!! - The flavour from a few simple ingredients was unbelievable - Highly recommend this to anyone - Well Done Jamie - ( It was the first time I ever bought a Leek too!)

Likes (0)

#2 Sat 19 Jan 08 12:32am

SteveMiddx

Re: Leeks with Prosciuto - and Pasta - Jamie at Home Recipe - 17th

if you trimmed the leek tops try sauteing them with butter add carrots and a diced onion - add chicken stock, diced par boiled potatoes and they make an amazing soup (use mine as a muse bouche)

Likes (0)

#3 Sat 19 Jan 08 11:43am

cookinlovebird

Forum champ
Occupation working
From West Midlands United Kingdom
Member since Wed 05 Dec 07

Did it last night for hubby his reply after eating was very tasty, lots of tastes in his mouth found it hard to discribe but simply stated

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

He really enjoyed it, I had skate wing with a caper sauce,  but really wanted the pasta meal it smelt FAB!!!!

cookinlovebird thumbsup  thumbsup  thumbsup  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#4 Sat 19 Jan 08 6:36pm

mikegrantham

Member since Mon 30 Oct 06

I'm going to cook this tonight but missed the start of the program!  I'm going to blag it, but if anyone has the recipe - that'd be great!!!

Mike

Likes (0)

#5 Sat 19 Jan 08 6:39pm

mikegrantham

Steve - I see you're online.  Dont suppose you have the Jamie pasta and leek recipe?  I missed the start of the program and I'm going to have a go tonight.

Mike

Likes (0)

#6 Sat 19 Jan 08 7:27pm

mikegrantham

OK folks.  I dont need the pasta and leek recipe anymore as I just watched it again using the Channel 4 on demand FREE service.  You have to install a special viewer but it's easy and you can watch the programme straightaway or download it to view later.  Its free for progs up to 30 days old! smile

Mike

Likes (0)

#7 Sun 20 Jan 08 3:51pm

Dixter

Member since Sun 20 Jan 08

Saw this on the tv the other night, immediately thought 'that's an 11/10 on the must try it gauge' so went to Sainsbury's to get the ingredients. Trouble is, thought I could remember what was in it, and think I've only got half of what was needed. Tried to download the C4-on-Demand program but I use an iMac at home so no joy. Anyone know if the tv programme is to be repeated? Thanks, Richard.

Likes (0)

#8 Sun 20 Jan 08 4:17pm

Tanya

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Thu 15 Jul 04

Hi Richard, welcome -

If you have Virgin Media cable you can watch it on TV on Demand.

Likes (0)

#9 Sun 20 Jan 08 4:31pm

Tanya

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Thu 15 Jul 04

Me again Richard.....

I've just checked the channel 4 website.

There's a Jamie at Home programme on More 4 later this afternoon at 17.40.  I think it will be a repeat of the one shown on channel 4 last week.

Hope you have Sky or Cable.

Likes (0)

#10 Sun 20 Jan 08 5:14pm

SteveMiddx

Sorry I missed you mike - C4 OD is a great service but was down Friday :-( I have a huge stockpile of books and programmes on my hard drive - so give me shout if i can be of help

Likes (0)