forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sun 23 Mar 08 3:03pm

simonka

Member since Sun 23 Mar 08

need something special for steak sauce

Hallo people,
I need recipe for a steak sauce, something which is diferent but tasty, because I know only traditional sauces, which I can get in every restaurant, please, if you can, let me know :-)

Likes (0)

#2 Sun 23 Mar 08 4:04pm

itsmarie

Forum champ
Occupation Experimental learning
From Surrey UK
Member since Sat 18 Aug 07

Re: need something special for steak sauce

If you list the sauces you know, then maybe we can help you with something different  smile

Likes (0)

#3 Sun 23 Mar 08 4:45pm

AskCy

Occupation Engineer
From Lancashire
Member since Tue 11 Mar 08

onions, peppers and mushrooms sauted then garlic, celery salt, fenugreek powder(not leaves or seeds), blue cheese and cream....
thumbsup

Likes (0)

#4 Sun 23 Mar 08 6:23pm

itsmarie

Forum champ
Occupation Experimental learning
From Surrey UK
Member since Sat 18 Aug 07

Now i do love a Blue cheese sauce, if a buy a sirloin steak that is relatively thick, i make a small cut in the middle to make a pocket, then mix some mature cheddar with whole grain mustard, several drops of worcestershire sauce and stuff it in the steak, and chuck it on the grill or bbq if you have one.

Likes (0)

#5 Sun 23 Mar 08 6:30pm

simonka

I know only a few sauces, because I am from country which is big as London and we don t have here anything special, only sauces which I know we have and I have reciepes are sauce from tomatoes, mushrooms and from curcuma and....actually I think that s all what we have. Maybe in the best restaurant in the capital, they have moore, but I know only about theese ones. So you can send me anything you know and I m sure that we don t have it yet. And I m sorry for my englisch, I not very good in it :-DD

Likes (0)

#6 Sun 23 Mar 08 8:18pm

AskCy

Occupation Engineer
From Lancashire

simonka where are you from? maybe knowing that will help people with things you might like, might have and won't have them telling you about things you already know.

Steve

Likes (0)

#7 Mon 24 Mar 08 7:23am

simonka

I am from Slovakia, it is in the middle of Europe. could it help??  smile
You know, we have almost every ingredients and I like almost everything, but we don t have so many good cooks with fantasy, we have maybe three who offers something new, but they are in the best restaurant in the capital and I do not go there. i don t have anyone from who I can learn something new. Thats it. I am writing it only because I don t want you to think that we are a developing country from Africa and we don t have here nothing.  smile

Likes (0)

#8 Mon 24 Mar 08 11:50am

AskCy

Occupation Engineer
From Lancashire

simonka, don't worry it matters not where you might be from its just about knowing what you will already be aware of. It would be pointless telling someone from Australia how to grill meat on a BBQ or explaining Bacon and egg to someone in the UK..

Steve

Likes (0)

#9 Mon 24 Mar 08 1:46pm

bruma

Occupation Student
From Bratislava, Slovakia
Member since Thu 02 Mar 06

Cau Simca!
Je vela dobrych a jednoduchych omacok, ktore vsak su nieco "extra" smile mozes skusit napr v slahacke roztopit nivu (al.podobny syr) a pridat trochu medu. Alebo do vypeku po steakoch pridat hrubozrnnu horcicu, med a kyslu smotanu. Alebo iba smotanu a cele zelene korenie (alebo aj korenie inej farby,ale cele). Dufam,ze som aspon trosku pomohla:-)
pa   wink

Likes (0)

#10 Thu 27 Mar 08 3:43am

VENUS

Forum champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

Grilled Steak With Horseradish Sauce
Ingredients 
8 boneless beef tenderloin steaks (or whatever cut you desire) about ¼ lb each
3/4 cup Mayonnaise
1/2 cup finely chopped red, yellow or orange bell pepper or a mix of all 3
2 heaping Tbsp. prepared horseradish
4 green onions, sliced
1 tsp. sugar
Pinch kosher salt or lemon pepper
Cracked or ground black pepper

Directions 
Season steaks with salt or lemon pepper and black pepper
Grill turning once for 6 minutes per side or until desired doneness
Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine Mayonnaise with the bell pepper, horseradish, green onions, sugar and salt.
Ladle a line across the steaks or serve on the side.

Porterhouse Steak With Sauce Rouille

3 pound porterhouse steak
1 garlic clove minced
1 teaspoon anchovy paste
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 russet potato peeled and chopped
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 small red bell pepper seeded and chopped
3 garlic cloves
3 jarred hot cherry peppers drained and stems removed
2 ounce jar pimento peppers drained and chopped
1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1/4 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1 dash hot pepper sauce
5 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Directions 
Trim the fat from the edges of the steak leaving a layer 1/4 inch thick then slash the layer of fat at 1-inch intervals.
In a small bowl using the back of a spoon mash together the garlic, anchovy paste, olive oil and pepper until smooth.
Rub into both sides of the steak then cover and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
In a saucepan over medium low heat combine the potato and chicken broth.
Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered about 10 minutes.
Add the bell pepper and cook until heated through about 3 minutes more.
Drain reserving the broth.
In a food processor with the motor running drop the garlic cloves through the feed tube and process until chopped.
Add cherry peppers, pimiento pepper, potato, bell pepper, thyme, vinegar and hot pepper sauce.
Process until smooth.
With motor running slowly add the oil and process until the mixture thickens.
Transfer to a bowl and whisk in the reserved chicken broth.
Season with salt and pepper.
Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Prepare a hot fire in a grill.
Position the grill rack 6 inches above the fire.
Place steak on the rack and sear turning once until nicely browned about 1 minute on each side.
Using long handled tongs to hold the meat sear the edges then grill over a medium hot fire turning once for 20 minutes.
Transfer to a cutting board and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
Let rest for 5 minutes then cut meat from bone and slice across the grain.
Drizzle sauce over the top.

Grilled beef eye fillet with bordelaise sauce

You need:
2x 250g eye fillet steaks
1 celeriac
1 large parsnip
120g butter beans
100g English spinach
20g butter
light olive oil
salt and pepper
4g fresh truffle
10ml truffle oil

Bordelaise sauce
1 small onion diced
1 small parsnip diced
1 stick celery
1 clove garlic
Thyme to taste
15g flour
20g tomato paste
500ml strong beef stock
250ml red wine
8 marrow bone ringlets
6 shallots sliced
1 small tomato, flesh diced
sprig of parsley, sliced

Method:
Lightly oil and season eye fillet. Peel celeriac and parsnip, cut into thick batons. Place in pot with seasoned water and cook keeping firm. Drain and pat dry. Place steaks on hot char grill and cook to your liking. Place celeriac and parsnip on lightly oiled flat grill and cook till crisp. Grill marrow bones and sliced shallot till translucent. Remove shallot and marrow from bones for sauce. Cook beans and spinach finishing with butter and seasoning.

Bordelaise sauce
Melt butter in heavy pot and sauté onion. Once caramelized add parsnip and celery till coloured. Add garlic and flour and cook till golden. Add tomato paste then wine stirring to remove lumps then slowly add hot stock. Bring to boil and simmer till flour cooked out and reduced to sauce consistency. Add thyme and parsley stems, season then pass. Return to pot; add grilled marrow, sauté shallot, parsley and tomato, reheat and serve.

Likes (0)