forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Mon 24 Mar 08 10:37am

bruma

Occupation Student
From Bratislava, Slovakia
Member since Thu 02 Mar 06

Chocolate pralines

Please please, does anybody know the recipe for Jamies Chocolate pralines? I am desperately searching for it and cannot find!
Please HELP!  help

Likes (0)

#2 Mon 24 Mar 08 10:44am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

Re: Chocolate pralines

Is this from an episode of oliver's twist where he's cooking for the babysitters?

Likes (0)

#3 Mon 24 Mar 08 11:03am

bruma

Occupation Student

yes, exactly from that one. do you possibly have the recipe?  smile

Likes (0)

#4 Mon 24 Mar 08 1:29pm

bruma

Occupation Student

Thank you Sabs, but unfortunately, this is not the one i need. Its from the episode, where two of his friends are babysitting his daughter and he is cooking everything with chocolate for them.
But thank you anyway, this one looks tasty as well  smile

Likes (0)

#5 Tue 25 Mar 08 7:37am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

Calling Tanya.

Tanya will be here soon with the recipe. She's rather good with that. She normally links the food network but it won't work this time as it only has one of the recipes from that episode and it's not the right one http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_jo … 58,00.html

Likes (0)

#6 Tue 25 Mar 08 10:34am

Tanya

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Thu 15 Jul 04

Hi White Rabbit -

We never got to see "Oliver's Twist" in the UK, so I am not au fait with the Chocolate Praline recipe, and it has been asked for in the past.

The only one I can think of is Jamie's recipe for Malteser semi-freddo, but this involves fresh raspberries and cream, as well as the Maltesers, but no other chocolate.

Maybe bruma could give us some more information.

Likes (0)

#7 Tue 25 Mar 08 10:40am

bruma

Occupation Student

I remember only few ingredients, so I am not able to make the pralines again sad
The main thing is chocolate,melted and some other ingredients were added, then he made caramel with nuts, mix it to powder and added to the chocolate, you let it cool down, in the fridge and with two spoons you make pralines, then eventually dust the with casted sugar or cocoa powder, or put them in melted chocolate. I just dont remember the ingredients for the chocolate mass.   hmm

Likes (0)

#8 Tue 25 Mar 08 11:22am

Tanya

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Thu 15 Jul 04

Me again bruma -

It sounds like you want a Chocolate Truffle recipe.  Check the on-site link below where there are loads of recipes.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3577

I can only suggest you make the Praline which is on the link Sabs gave you.  Then use the first recipe on the Chocolate Truffle thread posted by foietruffledisiac for the Chocolate Ganache and combine the two. 

Hope this helps.

Likes (0)

#9 Mon 15 Jun 09 3:29pm

wockwabbitt

Member since Mon 15 Jun 09

Hi.  I watched this episode on a re-run and couldn't find the recipe on site. However, i stumbled across virtually the same recipe in a book ( Three and Four Ingredient Cookbook - Pub Hermes House) the other day. Here it is ( although i found that there was too much praline for the amount of chocolate so either halve the nuts, or double the chocolate!!)

4oz Caster Sugar
6Tbsb water
4oz almonds/Hazelnuts ( no shells!)
7oz Plain chocolate

1) Put the sugar and water in a heavy saucepan and gently bring to the boil. Then boil quite fiercely for about 5 minutes until golden and caramelised.
2) Remove the pan from the heat and add the nuts. swirl them around so they are well coated. Tip onto a lightly oiled baking sheet and leave to harden. In the meantime melt the chocolate in a bain marie.
3) Break up the mixture with a rolling pin and then place in a food processor. Blitz until finely chopped and stir into the melted chocolate. Chil until firm enough to be made into balls ( melon scoop works brilliantly here!). Coat in sugar strands, icing sugar or cocoa powder  as you wish. Serve in individual paper cases.

You can also add a Tbsp or two of rum if you like to make things a bit more grown up.

I hope you enjoy!

Likes (0)

#10 Thu 13 May 10 2:36pm

bruma

Occupation Student

This is it!
I finally got the recipe for Jamies Chocolate Truffles from Oliverīs Twist.

So here we go:

You need: 450 g of 80% good quality chocolate
               280 ml double cream or whipping cream
               200 g whole hazelnuts
               400 g caster sugar
               8-9 Tbls water
In a pot, put the sugar together with water, you want to make caramel. Cook is slowly on low heat, it will start to bubble and it will turn into a gold-brow sirup. Carefully, its VERY HOT! When its gold-brow, put it away from fire. Add the hazelnuts, mix to cover them with caramel. Pour it on an oiled tray, allow to cool down for 30 min, it will get hard. Then in a food processor, make a sort of powder from the caramel mix.
Melt your chocolate in a bowl over simmering water. Then add double cream, the mixture will be shiny. Take away from fire, add the powder and mix well. Transfer into a bowl and put it in the fridge for at least 30 min. when its cooled, shape truffles.
You can coat them in icing sugar, cocoa powder or melted chocolate.

Enjoy!:-)

Likes (0)