forum: Chicken

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Wed 27 Aug 08 9:35am

i<3EdwardCullen

Member since Wed 27 Aug 08

Vegetarians

personally i think u should all just become vegetarians smile!!!
well atleast buy free range chickens if u have to eat them
smile
xoxo big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

Likes (0)

#2 Wed 27 Aug 08 12:43pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: Vegetarians

Welcome to the forums i<3EdwardCullen

I am not sure that everyone should enjoy being a vegetarian  !

After not eating meat during lent most years , my family are beginning to gat a bit desperate for the roast lamb that we have each Easter Sunday !!!  lol

I know that they would not be keep to have a choice imposed upon them and I know which they would prefer ... they would keep on eating meat !

Likes (0)

#3 Mon 01 Sep 08 12:41am

Rustie

Member since Wed 27 Aug 08

Ummm, vegetarians eat eggs though, its only vegans who don't eat any animal product!   wink

We live in a world that is not a dictatorship and have to choose our lifestyles accordingly, and who on earth would want it any other way?

Having information, such as that contained in Jamie's program, helps people to make an informed decision on what they will and won't buy/eat.

Last edited by Rustie (Mon 01 Sep 08 12:42am)

Likes (0)

#4 Sun 07 Sep 08 7:48am

boring_sundays

Member since Sun 07 Sep 08

i think i agree that you can't force people to be vegetarian. i am, and i wish everyone else was, but unless you really want to be, there is no hope at all. i think jamie's proggramme was fantastic, because, as rustie said, it means more people can make informed choices. i bet more people would be vegetraina if they did know all the gory details about where their meat came from.

Likes (0)

#5 Thu 11 Sep 08 3:50pm

Murkar

Occupation Hermit
From Newcastle, Ontario (Canada)
Member since Thu 22 May 08

I love meat...especially filet mignon...but I tried being a vegetarian for a week and I actually felt alot better  hmm

Likes (0)

#6 Fri 19 Sep 08 12:12am

bmsma

Occupation Mum of 2 little angels
From New Zealand
Member since Sat 13 Sep 08

Gotta agree with you Murkar, I like my meat but a couple of years ago I was eating a basically vegetarian diet , had heaps more energy, felt great and believe it or not my iron levels were actually the highest they'd ever been.
Hmmm, maybe I should reconsider my diet again......

Likes (0)

#7 Fri 26 Sep 08 8:43am

Cindy

Forum champ
Occupation Registered Nurse
From Adelaide, OZ
Member since Tue 03 Aug 04

Personally, I think all vegetarians should become meat eaters.... whistle

Likes (0)

#8 Fri 26 Sep 08 9:18am

madamada

Forum super champ
Occupation living life
From Friuli northern Italy
Member since Mon 14 Jan 08

simply look at different behavior between vegetarians and meat eaters, the second  ones are conquerors, I think in the early times seed pickers were stationary and meat eaters went around, they needed more energy to run after their preys.
We derive from different groups and in families often coexist descendants of both, that is important to live in peace, possibly leaving also animals do the same

we would save lots of energy, soil consumption, and suffering for species we think are at our disposal (who said that???)

big_smile

Likes (0)

#9 Fri 26 Sep 08 9:24am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

I'm an omnivore. If you look at my teeth I have ones for tearing meat and for chewing plants. I think everyone with teeth like mine should be an omnivore.

If everyone became vegetarian we'd have to plant a lot more food crops. This would mean a great deal more deforestation which would ruin even more ecosystems.

Human civilisation will always impact the environment, it's just a matter of trying to minimise that impact through reuse and recycling, renewable energy sources (solar, wind, water), sustainable farming (where possible) and other new technologies as they come along. There is no one solution (more meat, less meat, organic farming) and it is simplistic to think that the problems caused by the rapid increase in our species are easily solved and that the other options don't produced another impact.

Last edited by The White Rabbit (Fri 26 Sep 08 9:27am)

Likes (0)

#10 Fri 26 Sep 08 4:53pm

madamada

Forum super champ
Occupation living life
From Friuli northern Italy
Member since Mon 14 Jan 08

Do not you think that producing plants to feed animals to feed humans covers bigger extensions than simply planting or cropping directly for eventually vegetarians only?
I know it's a neverending story this of vegs-meat contrapposizione, that ends saying you destroy something also cutting your lettuce in your orto. It could be a little different if people only ate what they really need, but this forum would be full of guilty sinners then smile

Likes (0)