Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sun 21 Sep 08 5:48pm

madamada

Forum super champ
Occupation living life
From Friuli northern Italy
Member since Mon 14 Jan 08

vendemmia's chiacchiericcio=chatter

After many years I wanted to, finally I have been invited to crop grapes, and the most amusing thing beyond being outdoors and in good company, is the things that have been said while cutting the grapes, one in front of the other with the vines in between, you know you are there and you are not, it's a sort of public chatting, not the one you could keep at table, everyone can start a new argomento, as well as talk only to the person on the other side of the plant you are cropping from in that moment. There go recipes, aneddoti of vita vissuta, light gossip, information who is marrying when the bells suddenly sing (? do they sing or play), politics, agricolture and and and

it's very much like this forum, maybe those were little local ancient forums: the vendemmie

I liked it and enjoyed the chiacchierata=chitchat too

big_smile

Likes (0)

#2 Sun 21 Sep 08 5:49pm

madamada

Forum super champ
Occupation living life

Re: vendemmia's chiacchiericcio=chatter

oops che spavento there is a star in my post lol

Likes (0)

#3 Sun 21 Sep 08 6:21pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

mrpab says -
Ciao Madamada! another beautiful word-painting  big_smile - and don't be scared of your star, embrace your starriness! You're a superstar!
-by the way, bells ring, or if they're very happy bells they ring out!
(Ms.P says there's a song where bells sing, but we can't remember the song right now.... whistle )

Likes (0)

#4 Sun 21 Sep 08 9:59pm

madamada

Forum super champ
Occupation living life

big_smile  lol  whistle

Likes (0)

#5 Sun 21 Sep 08 10:05pm

ACDC

Forum champ
Occupation Bewitched, bothered and bewildered Mother
From Ireland
Member since Tue 19 Aug 08

Congratulations on your star Madamada. You deserve it. Your posts give much enjoyment and smiles. Well done.   clap

Likes (0)

#6 Sun 21 Sep 08 10:14pm

madamada

Forum super champ
Occupation living life

what shall I burn now, not a chicken again, while I'm pavoneggiandomi  about the shiny star (looking and turning around like a peacock, do you say the same?)

but I think people should be warned in advance this may happen so suddenly, to have the time to wash one's teeth and brush fingernails while running to change ....... the kitchen apron. From now on  must I wear ironed ones, I suppose  wink

Likes (0)

#7 Sun 21 Sep 08 11:12pm

ACDC

Forum champ
Occupation Bewitched, bothered and bewildered Mother
From Ireland
Member since Tue 19 Aug 08

Snow white, ironed and starched from now on. Nothing but the best Madamada.   big_smile

Likes (0)

#8 Mon 22 Sep 08 8:25am

madamada

Forum super champ
Occupation living life

I 'm a appassionata of kitchen aprons, I've got some from flour producers or mills, or supermarkets with different colors and brands stamped on, one with a dedica of an America's cup participant on Luna Rossa, who as a student came to English lessons, when I still thought the correct use of present temps and past temps and continuous form were vital for comprehension eheheeh
Between an evening dress and a kitchen apron with griffe I would choose the second one and you????

Likes (0)

#9 Mon 22 Sep 08 10:55am

cookinlovebird

Forum champ
Occupation working
From West Midlands United Kingdom
Member since Wed 05 Dec 07

Madamada.... I too love aprons and I wear one every day at my shop ....Today I wear  a blue brick wall!!!

Well done with your star award  kiss

cookinlovebird smile

Likes (0)

#10 Mon 22 Sep 08 11:05am

madamada

Forum super champ
Occupation living life

send a foto of your blue-brick-apron must be fantastic!
grazie on behalf of the star, I find it still too shiny for me, maybe it fades a little with the time
smile

You know that people while cropping grapes were meant to talk steadily or sing so the padrone della vigna was sure they do not ate grapes?

My friends kept saying eat if you like the white one " tocai" was incredibly sound and sweet
that's all with vendemmia for today

Likes (0)