Subscribe to forums RSS

#121 Fri 10 Oct 08 8:52am

madamada

Forum super champ
Occupation living life
From Friuli northern Italy
Member since Mon 14 Jan 08

Re: vendemmia's chiacchiericcio=chatter

I thought it was ironing day today hmm  sad  but the guarnizione has given up so the steam comes out and I cannot iron, at least this morning whistle  thumbsup its orto-day then till we will have nothing but stropicciate (rubbed???) things to wear

Likes (0)

#122 Fri 10 Oct 08 8:59am

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

mrpab says:
good morning again! big_smile 'babylon' doesn't know anything about 'stroppiciate', do you mean 'wrinkled' (if it's not ironed, that's what it becomes). So that and 'guarnizione' (packing) can be our first two words of our Italian lesson today!

Likes (0)

#123 Fri 10 Oct 08 9:45am

madamada

Forum super champ
Occupation living life

evvvivvvvvvvvvvvvva the school exist!!!!!

stropicciare
v. rub, crease, crumple

that was it but wrinkled was what I meant

and thanks for packing I will remember that now

I have a big question:

there are many useful/interesting things coming out in the blog section.Fullstop, new line.
Since I am very disordinata and fussy too I do not remember where I have seen them, do you think I can manage storing these news and recipes in a cartella? Copying and pasting?? How do you do in the sense of of doing it big_smile . Let me copy from compagni di banco wink

Last edited by madamada (Fri 10 Oct 08 9:46am)

Likes (0)

#124 Fri 10 Oct 08 9:51am

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me

I have a recipe document (Word) on my desktop.  You can select the text in the blog posts, select copy, then paste it into your document.

Likes (0)

#125 Fri 10 Oct 08 9:54am

madamada

Forum super champ
Occupation living life

big_smile so simple and so far away for me, do not tell the teacher wink

Likes (0)

#126 Fri 10 Oct 08 10:37am

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me

Hmm, mads, ask any question you like, are you not finding Word on your system?

Once you find it, double click to open it, select File, save as, this directs your document, maybe you want to have it on the desktop or in a folder, you type in a name, you are now off and away.  On the blog page, double click at the beginning of the text you need to copy, hold down your left select key, scroll down the page to highlight all the text you want, once at the end, find the little icon image that looks like two tiny pieces of paper on your tool bar above the Jamie page, select it by touching once Copy, then put your cursor into the document in Word that you just opened, find Edit, then Paste.  Select File, Save.

I'm sorry if this is more than you needed!

Gee those are excellent vocabulary words for us, wrinkled as in our clothing when we pull it out of the suitcase and packed as in what we must do too often!

Last edited by MsPablo (Fri 10 Oct 08 10:47am)

Likes (0)

#127 Fri 10 Oct 08 11:40am

mrpab

Forum champ
Member since Wed 23 Jul 08

I asked our Italian friends here, and 'guarnizione' is 'packing' in the sense of a sealing a joint or connection, a rubber gasket or "o"-ring. -it's an old-fashioned sense of 'packing'!- clear as mud, right? tongue

Likes (0)

#128 Fri 10 Oct 08 12:31pm

madamada

Forum super champ
Occupation living life

this is a high level school we are attending eh?

I would be interested also in the mosse del pizzaiolo when he makes pizza enlarge only patting it on his board

every time I go and buy ready pizza I try to learn, the pizzaiolo's wife told me it tooks 20 yeaars for her to learn it hmm

I know that among the Enownglish teachers there is one who has trained this do you know anything about it MsP?

now to the vongole = clams  exclaim

Likes (0)

#129 Fri 10 Oct 08 12:57pm

mrpab

Forum champ
Member since Wed 23 Jul 08

Hi Mads, I'm on my own computer now - I made pizza for a few years, we used only fingers, just used a lot of flour on the board and kept the dough moving around and around constantly to make the pizza round.
Using just your fingertips, first flatten the dough ball out evenly, then just keep poking your fingers down and outward in a spiral motion. Where I worked we would leave a narrow border at the edge to make a thicker "rim", but I don't think that's very "Italian - style". We would pick up the dough with fingers curled under and let it stretch out more, then spin it in the air a few times, but it's not really important, more just for "show-business".
I'm sure your "maestro di pizza" does it much better with his years of experience, but this way does work with only a little practice - and only a few hit the ground!

about the vongole I know niente! big_smile

edit: I can't believe I'm giving a fantastic Italian chef like madamada advice on making pizza! what nerve! roll

Last edited by mrpab (Fri 10 Oct 08 1:17pm)

Likes (0)

#130 Fri 10 Oct 08 5:11pm

madamada

Forum super champ
Occupation living life

more just for "show-business".

eheh maybe I'm fascinated by the show in every situation

in fact what would be making bread and pizza without having the kitchen full of floor, I could not do no-knead bread I like to have "le mani in pasta"

thank you for the pizza -lesson

my vongole came out "commestibili" "edible" that is the best note I can get from my OH big_smile

Likes (0)