forum: Campaigns and Community

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Mon 20 Oct 08 11:40pm

Xinoue

Occupation Student
From North West England
Member since Mon 20 Oct 08

New Recipe for Sausages anyone

I constantly have either sausage casserole or Sausage and Mash and I would like to try something new.  Can anyone give me a recipe thats quick and easy for sausages please? I love to try new things and lately I haven't been able to try new things because even though i read recipe books none of them jump out the page at me at say "yes i want to make this".  So any assistance would be very much greatful.
Thanks

Likes (0)

#2 Tue 21 Oct 08 12:00am

Telsun

Member since Fri 03 Oct 08

Re: New Recipe for Sausages anyone

We had a toad in the hole recently which was a nice change...

Likes (0)

#3 Tue 21 Oct 08 5:59am

Tara1983

Occupation house wife and mother
From Australia, melbourne
Member since Thu 09 Oct 08

i know that this is a recipie from a book but its from jamies book 'jamie at home'and all you have to do is put everything in one pot and cook in the oven and bobs your uncle its called  sweet cherry tomato and saugue bake apart from one pot on the stove full of rice polenta or mashed potaoto its really good i have made it quite alot and there is not many ingrediants.  big_smile  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#4 Tue 21 Oct 08 6:09am

shammrok

Forum super champ
Occupation Growing things
From Up the garden path...Tasmania
Member since Thu 02 Sep 04

My Curried Sausages.

Drizzle a small amount of olive oil in an ovenproof dish and add sausages, roll until covered in oil and bake in oven until golden brown.

In a fry pan on the stove, sauté off some chopped bacon pieces, chopped onion, garlic, chili and grated fresh ginger.

To the pan add  1 tablespoon Keens curry powder, 1 teaspoon Coriander and ˝ teaspoon Cumin ( approx) and cook off gently to release the lovely aroma.

Add to pan, peas, corn, carrots and celery, and green beans, ( or veggies of your choice in season) cook off  and stir to combine.

Slice sausages on the diagonal and add to pan. Stir through mix.

Add enough home made chicken and vegetable stock  ( makes the dish) to just cover the ingredients and cook until veggies are tender, stirring occasionally.

Just before serving, add a good handful of chopped fresh parsley.

Then thicken with a little corn flour and cook  off gently for a minute or so ( this prevents cream from splitting the dish)

.Then stir in a dollop of sour cream, check the seasoning and serve immediately with mashed potatoes or in a ring of Jasmine rice. Garnish with a little more chopped parley.

Grated cheese over the top ( optional extra)   Children’s favorite.

Likes (0)

#5 Tue 21 Oct 08 11:11am

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Here's a 30 minute cassoulet by Jacques Pepin:
http://www.kqed.org/w/jpfastfood/recipes4.html

Last edited by MsPablo (Tue 21 Oct 08 11:53am)

Likes (0)

#6 Tue 21 Oct 08 11:43am

4sensescook

From Athens

This is a classic sausage recipee from Northern Greece. Its usually eaten in the winter when it's cold.

"Spetsofae" or sausage stew
2 spicy sausages-cut in 1/2 inch
1 green pepper-sliced
1 red bell pepper slice
1 chilli pepper sliced
1 large onion chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
1 can crushed tomatoes (fresh if available)
1 cup red wine
salt, pepper, cinammon, allspice, drops of green tabasco sauce, crushed chilli peppers (add these according to your tastes)

Saute the sausage a few minutes, then add the peppers and onions, then garlic and tomatoes. Add the wine and spice up with cinnamon, allspice and one bay leaf.
You can add 1/2 cup of water and let mixture simmer until thick. Eat warm with crusty bread. ENJOOOOYYYY!!!!

Likes (0)

#7 Tue 21 Oct 08 11:45am

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

4senses (not five?) that sounds wonderful!  I copied it to my recipe file.  Do you have a recipe for the Greek appetizer of warm pureed fava beans?

Likes (0)

#8 Tue 21 Oct 08 11:46am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

The sausage meat meat ball pasta recipe from jamie at home is a nice change

Likes (0)

#9 Tue 21 Oct 08 11:48am

shammrok

Forum super champ
Occupation Growing things
From Up the garden path...Tasmania
Member since Thu 02 Sep 04

Yes it is. I have made that, must make it again smile

Likes (0)

#10 Tue 21 Oct 08 11:59am

4sensescook

From Athens

Hi MsPablo I do have the simplest of recipees for puree fava beans

In Greece we have bags of 1kilo so I will give the recipee with that in mind. You have to calculate..sorry!! Here goes:

I kilo fava beans (washed and drained)
1 large whole onion (peeled)
1 bay leaf
olive oil, 1 lemon, salt, (oregano for serving)

placed in a large pot the fava beans with water boil fro 5minutes drain, then
add boiling water to pot to cover the beans about 2 inches over the beans.
Add the onion and bay leaf. Let boil about 45 minutes until it absorbs the water.
You have to be careful because it sticks easily to the pot (use a thick bottomed pot if you have) otherwise just keep an eye on the beans. When the beans are cooked (of course you add water if necessary) you remove the onion and bay leaf and pass the beans through a food processor to puree the beans, at this point you add salt, juice of one lemon and about 1/2 cup of olive oil. Puree and let cool. This will thicken as it cools.
To serve place on shallow plate, add olive oil on top and oregano. Slice an onion finely and place the onion around the plate so you can take some onions with each spoonful. What can I say my mouth is watering already!!!
Good luck with this recipee..

Likes (0)