forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#41 Fri 24 Oct 08 12:47pm

Ger

From Ireland
Member since Wed 28 Dec 05

Re: annoying neighbours ??? what do yours do ?

Next door to us are no craic at all.  If they see us having people in they are in like a shot telling us to turn it down.

Half nine on Stephens Day evening they asked us to turn the music down.  We were only getting going LOL the music wasn't loud (yet) and there was only a buzz of conversation.  I'm afraid to have people in now in case OH gets to the door before me.  I can do without squad cars thanks.

Or are we the neighbours from hell?  big_smile

Likes (0)

#42 Fri 24 Oct 08 1:15pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Ger:  What possible fun is it for your neighbors when you're having the party and making a lot of noise, just makes them feel left out and bothered probably, but that's life.  Invite them, maybe then they won't complain!  No, you're not the neighbor from Hell if you don't make noise past a reasonable hour, but if you do, weeeelll, and if your OH would be rough with someone coming to the door to ask that you turn down the music, weeeellll. . .  whistle

Isn't the verse, 'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone' . . . are your neighbors perfect?
edit:  Apologies to anyone offended by a Bibilcal reference, just something I've heard over the years, maybe it originated long before the Old or New Testament.

Last edited by MsPablo (Fri 24 Oct 08 1:20pm)

Likes (0)

#43 Fri 24 Oct 08 1:25pm

Ger

From Ireland
Member since Wed 28 Dec 05

They've turned funny.  They used to be friendly now everyone on the road finds them stand offish.  Nowt as queer as folk.

OH isn't a violent sort, he just ..... wouldn't agree that we had much noise at that hour at Christmas (party) time.  He wouldn't take his nonsense in other words.  If said neighbour got stroppy about that there's no way OH would back down.  I'd just rather avoid that scene thanks.

Likes (0)

#44 Fri 24 Oct 08 1:31pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

I know what you mean!  My OH says what he thinks. whistle

Likes (0)

#45 Fri 24 Oct 08 2:19pm

choc chops

Forum champ
Occupation Restaurant Manageres
From Essex
Member since Mon 24 Mar 08

When i was 17 i moved in to my friends flat with her, only a small one bedroom place with very thin walls....very thin!

I remember the casanova man who lived next door to her, lets just say that you could here what him and his different "lady Friends" got up to on there nights in.  whistle

It was quite funny sometimes, we used to shout cheeky comments while he was in the heat of the moment... lol

At Christmas he brought us a box of chocolates and a pack of ear plugs.  clap

big_smile

Likes (0)

#46 Fri 24 Oct 08 2:55pm

minerva

Forum champ
Occupation Walking the Old Ways
From Living in the Wild Woods
Member since Wed 16 Jan 08

...................... shocked

Likes (0)

#47 Sat 25 Oct 08 11:47am

Little_Emms

Occupation Super hero at weekends ;o)
From South east England, UK
Member since Wed 08 Oct 08

choc chops wrote:

When i was 17 i moved in to my friends flat with her, only a small one bedroom place with very thin walls....very thin!

I remember the casanova man who lived next door to her, lets just say that you could here what him and his different "lady Friends" got up to on there nights in.  whistle

It was quite funny sometimes, we used to shout cheeky comments while he was in the heat of the moment... lol

At Christmas he brought us a box of chocolates and a pack of ear plugs.  clap

big_smile

lol  lol  lol  lol

Likes (0)

#48 Sun 26 Oct 08 4:27am

Cindy

Forum champ
Occupation Registered Nurse
From Adelaide, OZ
Member since Tue 03 Aug 04

choc chops wrote:

At Christmas he brought us a box of chocolates and a pack of ear plugs. clap

big_smile

I just lmao at this...  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

Last edited by Cindy (Sun 26 Oct 08 4:28am)

Likes (0)

#49 Mon 27 Oct 08 9:38am

colledge

Occupation housewife, mother and admin assistant
From warwickshire
Member since Thu 09 Oct 08

I have neighbours that annoy in a different way.

We moved into the close about 21/2 years ago, when we first moved in it was great, the kids ages ranged from 2 - 16 they all played together. There is a park and a football/cricket pitch at the bottom of the close so they were all safe playing out.

We would have inpromptu bbq's out the front on one of the drives, everyone mucked in together.

When my husband had a serious motorbike accident 6months after we moved in my neighbours were great. they helped me with my kids whilst I was at the hospital and when my husband first came home.

But now the novelty has worn off,  I like my privacy but they expect to be involved in everything we do,  they come round when they feel like it, we used to leave the front door unlocked and the back gate but now we have to baton down the hatches to get a bit of peace.  When they haven't seen you all week they want to now what is wrong?  Why haven't you been over for a coffee? What have you been doing? exclaim

I work all week and then come home and start looking after the kids and doing the tea which to two of the women is odd.

So although I have great neighbours sometimes there friendliness is a pain in the butt. help

Likes (0)

#50 Mon 27 Oct 08 9:41am

shammrok

Forum super champ
Occupation Growing things
From Up the garden path...Tasmania
Member since Thu 02 Sep 04

mate get yourself a quarantine sticker lol  thumbsup

Likes (0)