Jamie Oliver

forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#51 Mon 27 Oct 08 10:20am

marc_leeds

Member since Mon 30 Jun 08

Re: annoying neighbours ??? what do yours do ?

have you seen the film stepford wives ??????? evil

Likes (0)

#52 Mon 27 Oct 08 10:40am

Nen

Member since Tue 26 Aug 08

My next door neighbour is a difficult  person for all our neighbourhood. Never say hello and allways is ready to fight! Ofcourse nobody speak with him, including me. sad

Likes (0)

#53 Thu 06 Nov 08 12:56pm

VeganJack

Occupation Registered Nurse
From Wollongong, Australia
Member since Thu 25 Sep 08

my neighbour is 42 year old man, single, covered in tatts, bikie hairdo, and comes home drunk everyday then gets stoned on the homegrown tomato plants out the back.  Then he laughs and laughs and laughs...from 12pm to 4am.  Sometimes with a bunch of his like-minded friends.  I start work at 6am. 

Came home from work at 4pm and was told to keep quiet because he was sleeping it off.  help  So no radio on while I prepare dinner (yes I cook Jamie), tip-toe around.  What a blinking cheek he has!  shocked
VeganJack

Likes (0)

#54 Thu 06 Nov 08 1:00pm

hparso

From Cheshire, UK
Member since Fri 10 Oct 08

this isnt on veganjack...

if i was you i would write a diary of the incidents ... when he is being a nuisance, how long for etc etc.

being a nurse, your job is extremely important and sleep is vital so you should complain to the council about him...

also try to get some photographic evidence when he wakes you or get him on the video cam smile

xx

Likes (0)

#55 Thu 06 Nov 08 1:24pm

rasher

Occupation Structural Engineer & father of 3
From Brighton
Member since Mon 07 Mar 05

I moved house in march last year and here we are with new people to get to know.  They are detached houses with big gardens, but next door is next door, eh!

On one side is a couple with two teenage kids, and in the summer last year I was having breakfast outside, and the son had his bedroom window open and was singing along to Oasis on the stereo.  It was great and it reminded of me as a teenager before I left home.  It just made me laugh.  The family are the most wonderful people and I love them to bits.

On the other side we have an older couple, and they are really wild.  Quite upper middle class but eccentric with it, and often quite drunk on expensive red wine - at all times of the day!.  They are lovely people too.  We swap vegetables from our veggie patches.

We had a large garden party a few months after moving in and they all came, together with some others we had met in the road, and we now have regular dinner parties with a bunch of them.  The guy opposite is an antique bookseller, and he's great, and we have too much to talk about.  There is an old lady opposite who used to teach swimming, and she has all the kids in the road for afternoon parties where the kids swim in her pool while all the mothers get stuck into the G&T's.

I'm really lucky that my neighbours are such wonderful and lovely people, and sometimes I look out from my bedroom window and can't believe I am this lucky. To live in such a beautiful place surrounded with such wonderful and colourful people is more than I deserve, and I cherish it all, every day.

Last edited by rasher (Thu 06 Nov 08 1:26pm)

Likes (0)

#56 Thu 06 Nov 08 1:53pm

hparso

From Cheshire, UK

i had a lovely neighbour downstairs in my old block of flats .... i must say i did rather take a shine to him  oops   it was all too convienient when my electricity conked out on me just as i was about to dry my hair .... damsel in distress called on lovely neighbour who came to my rescue  clap

i was sad to leave and bought him some beers and got a hug in return  whistle

my new neighbours are an elderly couple... very lovely.. have a holiday home in spain and very very lovely.. No eye candy for me this time though but we cant have everything eh! 
xx

Likes (0)

#57 Thu 06 Nov 08 2:21pm

rasher

Occupation Structural Engineer & father of 3
From Brighton
Member since Mon 07 Mar 05

You should be ashamed of yourself.  Even with neighbours you have a one track mind!   roll   My mother warned me about girls like you.

What are you doing next Tuesday?

Likes (0)

#58 Thu 06 Nov 08 2:28pm

hparso

From Cheshire, UK

well it wasnt really my fault ... he shouldnt have been so yum then i wouldnt have had a problem  whistle

next tuesday?? hmm....ill check my schedule & let you know!  thumbsup lol
xx

Likes (0)

#59 Wed 04 Feb 09 10:32am

kittendothroar

Occupation Transport Administrator (exciting,not!)
From Middlesex
Member since Fri 29 Feb 08

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!! 'She' moved out last week....would be peace at last if upstairs were not getting their kitchen refitted! lol

kittendothroar wrote:

The lady, no woman, downstairs likes her music LOUD and preferably of the boom boom boom variety that goes through the whole flat! However instead of constant noise, one minute its quiet, the next its very loud then off again! I don't get it as she has a young son of around six and the music and screeching is all time of day and night! Our flats were built in the 70's and the walls are not thick! Last Christmas on Boxing day she had the music booming again and I was standing at one point with the carving knife telling the other half if he didnt go and sort it out then I would - I'm not a particuarly violent person but she had driven me to it!  evil
She also laughs like a hyena hyperventilating and I get worried looks of guests when they hear her!!  yikes We can't overly retaliate with music as there are people above who don't really bother us, so I just 'accidentally' drop heavy things  evil  However me and a girlfriend are huge TT fans and if she has been annoying us more than normal we get drunk and watch the tour DVD and sing along, rather loudly and late!!  Tends to quieten her down for a while! big_smile  whistle

Our parking is really limited as well but every weekend she has two or three people with cars who steal the spaces, even though there are signs saying no parking for visitors, drives me blinking mad  angry

Everyone else in our small building are fine and friendly, its just her!!

Likes (0)

#60 Thu 05 Feb 09 1:35am

runwestierun

Forum champ
Occupation Volunteer
From Oregon Coast USA
Member since Sat 22 Nov 08

I have neighbors with some strange obscessive compulsive disorder--they are compulsive hoarders.  Their house is completely full of boxes and boxes of stuff--you can see it all pressed against the windows.  So several years ago there was no room left for them so they bought a double wide trailer and put it beside the house.  They live in that now. 

There are 17 cars in the yard (that's a real number, i'm not exaggerating) all completely jammed full of crap.  When one gets so full of stuff that they can no longer get in the driver's seat, they park it and go buy another.  The trailer is very very full, too.  All the windows are completely blocked with boxes of stuff and the rumor is that their mattress is now right by the front door because they can't get any farther into the trailer. 

There is also some compulsive gambling problem, too, so they never have enough money to feed their cattle.  I think their cattle spends more time at our place than at theirs.  Being hungry makes them very smart--they can escape any fence.  Very odd people.  They are friendly but I try to keep them at a distance.  Plus they have one REALLY aggressive bull and he scares me...

Likes (0)