Jamie Oliver

forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sat 03 Jan 09 3:59pm

rach_2oo9

Member since Sat 03 Jan 09

work

Hi i'm a catering student, trying to do an essay on Jamie Oliver with the topic being Saint or Sinner, i have to put both sides of the argument, personally i think saint but cannot find any bad publicity other than the school dinners would really like it if you are aware of any criticism that i could use pls xxx big_smile

Likes (0)

#2 Sat 03 Jan 09 4:14pm

TheBeast2

Forum champ
Member since Fri 31 Aug 07

Re: work

Before the school dinners campaign, in 2003, Jamie was ranked number 28 in Channel 4's poll of "100 Worst Britons". It has been argued that Jamie used the campaign as a means of boosting his popularity, whilst the MoF campaign is being used as a money making venture (by affecting sales of his latest publication, and a video game recently released).

Marco Pierre White commented on the irony of Jamie's purportedly selfish school dinner campaign, observing that Jamie was followed to Downing Street by 'a camera crew, being filmed by another camera crew'.

Despite being fully aware of the controversial practices Sainsburys has participated in (such as the retail of battery chickens), Jamie has accepted money from them. Even if Jamie isn't directly involved in the retail, his advertising campaign has certainly facilitated sales at Sainsburys, and it is not irrational to assume that this has affected sales of battery chickens. Moreover, taking money from the very people you're attacking is simply hypocritical, no matter what spin you put on it.

In 2005, Jamie slaughtered a fully conscious lamb. This sparked outrage, as it was deemed an inhumane method of slaughter.

Likes (0)

#3 Sat 03 Jan 09 4:18pm

rach_2oo9

Member since Sat 03 Jan 09

thankyou soooo much!!  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#4 Mon 05 Jan 09 10:16pm

Mr Grumpy

Forum champ
Occupation Sh*t Finder
From Coventry
Member since Sat 22 Dec 07

It's not exactly a cardinal sin, but I have noticed that JO is allowing his name to be used to market some pretty tacky kit recently.

Likes (0)

#5 Tue 06 Jan 09 4:29pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

not really of being of any importance

having bought his magazine while in GB recently, i was decieved to see that his wife has the last page ....talking about foodstuffs during her pregnancies...ok ....but it reminded me as being just another gossip mag.....i thought that for once we would have a publicity free / gossip free healthy read up.

jamie is past being aware of all that goes into the magazine or into his other assets, he's now a business man who has other people deciding in his place.

Likes (0)