forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#41 Mon 26 Jan 09 12:59pm

mrpab

Forum champ
Member since Wed 23 Jul 08

Re: You know you're "tragic" when...

Hey Grumps! - over on the "Australia Day" thread a new member, kanakaken, mentioned he was working on his Royal Enfield 500. Maybe there should be a motorcycle thread here?!

Likes (0)

#42 Mon 26 Jan 09 6:38pm

kimber

Forum champ
Occupation Mom and TKD Red Stripe
From Alberta
Member since Sat 24 Jun 06

Hi penny - thanks!  It would be great to track down a copy  cool

Likes (0)

#43 Mon 26 Jan 09 8:51pm

pennysaints

Forum champ
Occupation "Homemaker" and lovin it!
From Southampton
Member since Tue 10 Oct 06

Hi kimber, your welcome, anything that spreads TPF xmas cheer is all good! Here's the link!          http://www.musicfayre.com/music/item/07 … rrency=GBP
Happy listening  big_smile

Likes (0)

#44 Tue 27 Jan 09 3:10am

Luvmegrub

Forum champ
Occupation Cleaner at The Salmon Arms
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Fri 22 Aug 08

You go to the newsagent on Sunday morning with your T shirt on inside out AND don't even care when daughters point out tragic mistake!  This was OH, not me - I always check the mirror by the front door for spinach in teeth, toothpaste on chin etc.  Have accidentally set off for work in my thongs (flip flops) instead of putting shoes on though oops Not a good look with "office attire".

Last edited by Luvmegrub (Tue 27 Jan 09 3:10am)

Likes (0)

#45 Tue 27 Jan 09 6:21am

frizz1974

Forum super champ
Occupation Mother of 2 working more than full time
From Wallerawang, Oz
Member since Wed 29 Jun 05

LMG, my baby sis in law (24) told me yesterday she accidently went to the shops in her slippers... hehe they are purple & white fluffy striped ones.. she had on a striped top too (black & grey)

I told her at least she had a theme  lol  lol  lol

Likes (0)

#46 Tue 27 Jan 09 6:39am

Luvmegrub

Forum champ
From Sydney, Australia

Wow Frizz, that is a bit tragic - and she's only 24!

Likes (0)

#47 Tue 27 Jan 09 7:30am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Well, 'grub, if you see a "tragic" aged hippy at our (shared) local W**t****d wearing pink uggs (in Winter) or thongs-which may/may not match (Summer) instead of boots or sandals, you'll know it's me.

We should come up with a secret signal or something. Then the locals will have two "weirdos" to deal with- especially if we signal the wrong person lol, lol

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#48 Tue 27 Jan 09 10:17pm

frizz1974

Forum super champ
Occupation Mother of 2 working more than full time
From Wallerawang, Oz
Member since Wed 29 Jun 05

LMG,

I was in the shopping centre a few weeks ago with her & my my 20 year old neice.

I saw this young lady dressed in a long black skirt, hot pink collared shirt, black cotton scarf knotted at the neck, gorgeous chunky black HIGH heals, her dark hair swept  back in a pony tail, off centre with a fringe sweeping over one eye.. very 20's (or maybe 30's) looking..

This woman was going for a certain look & she really pulled it off.

My 3 year old great neice was running off just in front of us Y walked near the lady.. and my neice & sis is law were quick to grab her.. I was shocked to hear my neice mutter something about the crazy lady....

I know that these 2 grew up in a time when fashion was non existent, at least now with this "emo" stuff  there is actually a trend to follow or buck as teens feel inclined, but how they couldnt see that this woman had put thought & time into a beautiful costume instead of dressing like the rest of the sheep just amazed me.

Someone dressed different is crazy?

They would not have been caught dead walking around with me in the teens & early 20's.. depending on the mood you could find me walking around in full hippy regalia including beads & no shoes... or dressed from top to toe in goth inspired stuff, or surfie stuff, or skate. Whatever. I had an undercut for about 4 years.. always with patterns cut itno the shaved part of my head. The only thing I never had but really wanted was a mo-hawk.

Likes (0)

#49 Wed 28 Jan 09 12:49am

Luvmegrub

Forum champ
From Sydney, Australia

Ah Frizz, I love to see a girl with her own style.  Wish I had one!  My two girls have been brought op-shopping, eldest has some fab finds and her friends are often impressed with her designer bargains, she never follows the pack.

Maree, I'm imagining the two of us doing secret signals to all and sundry up the fair ... so, you know you're tragic when - strangers start running from you at the shops when you keep whispering "Maree, is it you?"  I'll be the tall one, eyes glazed over with boredom accompanied by two tall daughters, one blonde, one dark trying to drag them towards Mr Turko for a pide and a little sit down.(sigh of relief emoticon needed here).

Likes (0)

#50 Wed 28 Jan 09 1:12am

FlameRed

Forum champ
Occupation Finally, gloriously & happily re-married to my old flame....
From Melbourne, Oz
Member since Thu 21 Sep 06

I had this outfit that I loved and wore for years - picture a multi-colured patchwork knitted skirt (knee length) and matching tunic styled jumper in black, fuscia, green, cobalt and orange, (all primary colours) while wearing fuscia tights and hot pink suede ankle boots!!!  Favourite get-up and only stopped wearing it when OH told me that he would not be seen dead with me if I wore it going out with him.  My 2 years younger sister threatened me about wearing "that" at my age and son would not have a bar of me. 

Mind you, the girls at work loved it - or so they said, and I would wear it there and feel great.

After 3 goes, my sister has finally convinced me to donate it to the poor - BUT I have still got the little hot pink boots - or as my OH calls them - my Pixie boots - and since I can now only wear flat shoes, I won't be throwing these out.

hmm  I must get something to go with them.....   cool

Likes (0)