Subscribe to forums RSS

#51 Wed 28 Jan 09 1:18am

Luvmegrub

Forum champ
Occupation Cleaner at The Salmon Arms
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Fri 22 Aug 08

Re: You know you're "tragic" when...

Flame, I think it's tragic that you had to get rid of your lovely outfit!

I've still got my electric blue "going away" outfit circa 1986 with the pearl decoration and huge shoulder pads.  I wore the top to an '80's party last year, couldn't fit the skirt on these days, unless I wanted to resemble an electric blue sausage yikes

Likes (0)

#52 Wed 28 Jan 09 1:19am

FlameRed

Forum champ
Occupation Finally, gloriously & happily re-married to my old flame....
From Melbourne, Oz
Member since Thu 21 Sep 06

Thanks LMG, makes me feel a bit better.  I must try and find a replacement outfit!!!   thumbsup

Likes (0)

#53 Wed 28 Jan 09 6:26am

jetdog

Occupation occupied
From Massachusetts USA
Member since Fri 22 Feb 08

You still have a Grateful Dead sticker on your car, go to any local concert by individual/collective remaining band members but once you get there the only purple pills floating around are ANTacids , people go to the bathrooms to pee,no one is puking in the seat behind you  the band looks really OLD and the show is over by 10pm so everyone can get home to bed. Let go Jetdog  move on!!

Likes (0)

#54 Sun 01 Feb 09 9:43pm

SusanneH

Forum champ
From Germany
Member since Mon 13 Mar 06

I went to the public swimming pool today to get my body back into some kind of shape.
So before slowly inching my way into the water I took a shower of course. And when the water came on I suddenly couldn't see properly. That is when I realized that I was still wearing my glasses....  oops

Likes (0)

#55 Sun 01 Feb 09 9:49pm

madamada

Forum super champ
Occupation living life
From Friuli northern Italy
Member since Mon 14 Jan 08

ehhhhhhhhh Susanne, I was once in a swimming pool taking lessons, I had no breakfast and I was awake from 5 am
"I suddenly couldn't see properly."
and thought it was the cloro in the pool's water, I started to sfregare/rub my eyes, then I realized I was nearly fainting, .............. so I left the lesson and went, as I was, into the bar asking for "a bustina di zucchero" (a sugar bag) which made me see clear at once lol

Last edited by madamada (Sun 01 Feb 09 9:50pm)

Likes (0)

#56 Mon 02 Feb 09 12:28am

frizz1974

Forum super champ
Occupation Mother of 2 working more than full time
From Wallerawang, Oz
Member since Wed 29 Jun 05

You know your tragic when :  the school asks you to leave.

I put my kids on the school bus, jump into a car with my friend & follow it to school, got out, walked in & watched our kindy kids get in their class line & sit down for morning assembly.

First teacher gets up & says, thanks very much to all the Mummy's for coming to say goodbye to us this morning.. but they can go home now. shocked

Hell, thats my baby.  mad  Its only his 3rd day of school, ever!

I think the Mums (including me) were a bit over the top when Nakita started in 2006... for the first 6 monthes they were almost all being driven to school rather than catch the bus, so we would walk them across from the car park & wait for the bell, watch the 10 minute morning assembly & watch them walk off to class. Then leave. Eventually the Principal asked us not to do it anymore.

Obviously the school have created a new policy to prevent this from happening again. shocked  (Lots of the same Mums as 2006  lol )

Last edited by frizz1974 (Mon 02 Feb 09 12:29am)

Likes (0)

#57 Mon 02 Feb 09 12:39am

Luvmegrub

Forum champ
Occupation Cleaner at The Salmon Arms
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Fri 22 Aug 08

lol  lol Frizz

Don't worry, there might come a day pretty soon when you almost forget to meet them after school!  You'll be so busy having fun on your own.

Was your little one ok about going back this week?  Not clinging to your leg like a limpet and sobbing hysterically I hope?

I know I'm tragic when I stop to watch other people's kindy kids going in to school in the first weeks!  They are so tiny and gorgeous (I'm not a weirdo, just sad that my time with all that has finished now).

Likes (0)

#58 Mon 02 Feb 09 1:43am

frizz1974

Forum super champ
Occupation Mother of 2 working more than full time
From Wallerawang, Oz
Member since Wed 29 Jun 05

LMG,  lol

He was ok, I thought it was going to be on this am but he just didnt want to get dressed before he had his breakfast.

I have a kid that eat cereal  shocked 

We dont in this house as a bit of a rule, but he had nutragrain (SP?) at his Nans & loves it... so there you go.

Im eating Special K followed by fruit for morning tea in the hopes of dropping a few kilo's.. Im re-uniting with some old school chums in March.

Likes (0)

#59 Mon 02 Feb 09 1:57am

Smeghead

Occupation Mum, Wife, Student, Greengrocer Assistant, School Voluntee
From Country Victoria, Australia
Member since Fri 30 Jan 09

You are tragic if you admit to being a Trekky and go to the conventions in character.  You are also tragic if you wear your top tucked into your track pants and wear leather dress shoes with the said tucked in shirt. Very very very sad. puke

Likes (0)

#60 Mon 02 Feb 09 1:59am

Smeghead

Occupation Mum, Wife, Student, Greengrocer Assistant, School Voluntee
From Country Victoria, Australia
Member since Fri 30 Jan 09

Correction, you're tragic if you go to ANY Sci Fi do's in Character.

Likes (0)