Jamie Oliver

forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Wed 28 Jan 09 8:11pm

Fatmat

Member since Wed 28 Jan 09

Mo's Army - cookbook for young people experiencing homelessness

Hi to all. I work for a charitable company called Moving On. The mission statement for Moving On is "Breaking the Cycle of Youth Homelessness". We work with young people aged 16 - 25 who are, homeless, at risk of being homeless or have experienced homelessness. At Moving On we offer various services including an advice and information service, floating support and peer support. The peer support group that runs is called Mo's Army, within this group the young people do various things such as mentoring, life skills courses and peer education workshops. The latest project that Mo's Army is working on is a cookbook aimed at young people who are living on very tight budgets and don't particularly have a lot of cooking skills, this cookbook will be given to young people accessing Moving On for free and we hope to be able to distribute it further. By joining this forum we are hoping to get some advice and guidance on how to go about things, and we also thought that the idea behind the cookbook links in really well with 'Pass It On'. I would just like to restate that we are a not for profit organisation. Thanks for any help that anyone feels they are able to offer. crossed

Likes (0)

#2 Wed 28 Jan 09 10:21pm

Fatmat

Re: Mo's Army - cookbook for young people experiencing homelessness

I would just like to add that we are not trying to advertise our business but felt that I needed to put in some background information about who we are, what we are doing and why we are doing it. Again if anyone can offer any gidance or advice in any way shape or form it would be greatly appreciated. help  big_smile

Likes (0)

#3 Thu 29 Jan 09 12:48pm

AL

From Selby
Member since Sat 19 Mar 05

Re: Mo's Army - cookbook for young people experiencing homelessness

fatmat
If you don't mind me asking, where are you base

Likes (0)

#4 Thu 29 Jan 09 7:01pm

Fatmat