forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sat 31 Jan 09 12:03am

wildly organic

Occupation cooker,baker,gardener,captain,skier and bath bomb boss
From Dogville
Member since Fri 26 Sep 08

Can Someone tell moi the the pixel size limit for a blog photo?

Cheers, and by the way I LOVED all the comments you all gave me at the "bog"
I am still bogged down.  "320 pixels wide" (from the pabs") is that all I need to know? I called 2 experts who are too busy for my problem
I am going to cook up a big "organic" feast and then take "pro" photos of :

Venison medallions,pan seared then glazed in balsamic,roasted garlic,cracked pepper
Red potatoes with honey and Rosemary
Turnip and carrot gratin with caramelized onions
Sponge jelly roll with raspberrry/vanilla coulee

All from the back yard  (well o.k. I ain't got no vanilla on de farm,but all the rest is around in the freezer,dungeon larder and pantry
Going home for a "Lush" bath scalding hot to subdue my canon crazy coo coo ness! tongue  tongue

maybe I should get snail mail addresses from my friends here an bloody well send post cards lol  lol  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#2 Sat 31 Jan 09 2:24am

john_lee

Occupation Teacher and Writer
From Wales and Italy
Member since Mon 10 Oct 05

Re: Can Someone tell moi the the pixel size limit for a blog photo?

The first thing to know is that the standard internet resolution is about 75 pixels per inch. When I do a blog photo, I use software to change the size to about 6 X 4.5 inches (standard photo size) and the resolution to 75 pixels (dots) per inch. That way, the photo uploads nicely. If you email me the photos I would be happy to resize them for you.

Likes (0)

#3 Sat 31 Jan 09 8:59am

mrpab

Forum champ
Member since Wed 23 Jul 08

Hi Wild One! - john's right, that will work, although the height of the photo is not limited, only the width.
We first 'crop' the photo (in it's large size) to make it as narrow  as possible (eliminate blank space or extraneous stuff on the sides) - that way, the subject of your photo will be as big as possible on the blog page, see what i mean?
Then we resize the photo to 320 pixels width, at 75 pixels per inch. (The 75pixels/inch is the default as john says).

You can email us a picture too if you want! Good luck!

Likes (0)

#4 Mon 02 Feb 09 11:59pm

wildly organic

From Dogville

Thanks so much you great guys! clap  smile
I will keep working on this.

Likes (0)

#5 Tue 03 Feb 09 2:29am

Dave Barker

Forum champ
Occupation Chef
From At the stove...
Member since Tue 29 Jun 04

You are right, the blog pictures don't always do justice to the pictures do they?

Sometimes I upload the full size pictures to a free photo holding site like photobucket.com... they hold them at full size, then you edit them, enlarge crop etc...and then you can post direct links to the pictures... people can see them in all their glory!

This picture...

http://www.jamieoliver.com/bloggers/vie … p?id=40700

Becomes this picture...

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d18/DB27/fillet.jpg

Likes (0)

#6 Tue 03 Feb 09 9:47pm

wildly organic

From Dogville

I think I can do some things but I am not sure about what does upload mean?
Am I doing this already at my blog?

The thing is, it seems my brain needs step by step if I can not watch you do it in front of me.
I tried to view your photobucket url but my school computer blocked it.
Obviously it is a resizing issue.

I am going to keep trying local people around me,one is bound to know how. I just have to lasso them into coming to this computer and giving me all the info.I am just waiting patiently

Thank you so much for all the suggestions
Again it seems impossible to "email" anyone here the photos as it is still "through"
this site which is in essence THE problem with the large canon photos and software
I can change things but it's a "resize and email combo." To put it here I do not need to send it I just want to "browse" at the post a thing" area at my blog.

I can't e-mail a picture from here to anyone, no one can smile

Likes (0)

#7 Tue 03 Feb 09 10:01pm

mrpab

Forum champ

Hi WO! We were wondering if you accidentally resized yourself or something!! yikes

"uploading" just means sending something somewhere on the internet, not an email to one specific person but putting in on the net so that anyone can view it.

MsP sent you an email from our personal email (not through the forum) - if you look at the return address on that email, you can get our email address from there and please send us something! And good luck!  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#8 Tue 10 Feb 09 12:00am

wildly organic

From Dogville

Mrpab...sir... I have not recieved an e-mail from your missus...that must be why you think I have resized myself! I thought something was not quite right. Where did she send the e-mail to?

I have had a few leads...a few more attempts...still not yet but soon my pabbies soon. Can you guys come for supper? I could take some fantastic foodie photos and we could post em here in technicolour display for all our friends! wink
fresh fish just caught for tonight
I am thinking of a wild,brown,red rice risotto to go with the fish
Of course a fruity frozen ice cream treat whipped up in the vitamix.
What a fabulous American invention,we are totally taken by it and use it everyday
Now I needs a veg....oh, spinach. just plain and simple steamed with butter and lemon to  finish  yummy  kiss
we shall meet again say hello to the mrs.
smile
The wil d ONe

Likes (0)

#9 Tue 10 Feb 09 7:27am

mrpab

Forum champ

hi WO! well, she wrote to a hotmail address that we got from the message you sent us through the forum. If you have a different address now, can you send us another message through the forum? Just click on either of our names, and the profile will come up, and then click on "send email", and give us your new address!. But it doesn't really matter as we're on our way to your place for supper!

Likes (0)

#10 Tue 10 Feb 09 7:54am

madamada

Forum super champ
Occupation living life
From Friuli northern Italy
Member since Mon 14 Jan 08

Now I needs a veg....oh, spinach. just plain and simple steamed with butter and lemon to  finish  yummy  kiss

finally I find someone who puts lemon in spinach thumbsup
I have the feeling I sow it as a child but was not sure of this abbinamento, you put the lemon rind while sauting them with butter do you?

ciao ciao

Likes (0)