forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Mon 09 Feb 09 11:50am

pennysaints

Forum champ
Occupation "Homemaker" and lovin it!
From Southampton
Member since Tue 10 Oct 06

What is your idea of Romance? Share it, for valentines old and new!

With Valentines just a couple of days away, share your idea of what romance means to you. What sort of romantic gesture makes your heart beat faster? Not what's going to be put on the table, but what would mean the most? To go along with that, what you would, or have done, for your Valentine? Single or in a relationship, romances past or present!

For me its the tiny things! My hubby phoning me when he hears a song on the radio that means something to me or us then calls and justs holds the mobile phone for me to hear it! There is a song from the 50s that I had never heard before, that he used to serenade me with, (corny, but made my toes curl) Friendly Persuasion, by Pat Boon, its so old fashioned its unbelievable but! Friday night he requested it to be played on the local radio station.He then called me up and sang it to me as it played! That's a WOW!
Another small thing is, when he holds the hair dryer for me (cause I can't always do it) and puts his had below the direct heat, so that it doesn't burn me!
No cost involved!

Likes (0)

#2 Mon 09 Feb 09 5:29pm

pennysaints

Forum champ
From Southampton

Re: What is your idea of Romance? Share it, for valentines old and new!

O kiss O kiss O

Last edited by pennysaints (Tue 10 Feb 09 10:41am)

Likes (0)

#3 Mon 09 Feb 09 6:51pm

oliviascotland

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Wed 06 Apr 05

My OH is incurably unromantic  lol   But I knew that when we married, so it doesn't bother me in the slightest!  It's the little things like filling the log basket without being asked, dealing with the Aga when he's home, phoning every day when he's away, and getting me a nice glass of wine at the end of the day

Likes (0)

#4 Mon 09 Feb 09 7:41pm

CarolineB

Forum champ
Occupation Triplet mom and IT marketing consultant
From Bodensee
Member since Sun 29 Jan 06

Romance isnīt a big part of my life, too. What would you expect from a couple consisting of a physicist and a computer scientist? tongue
But my OH is such a great daddy and everytime I see him playing around with the babies, I know why I married this guy.  kiss

Last edited by CarolineB (Mon 09 Feb 09 7:48pm)

Likes (0)

#5 Mon 09 Feb 09 7:50pm

mincepie

Forum champ
From uk
Member since Tue 07 Oct 08

My mother told me  "you marry 1st time for love, 2nd time for money "
how unromantic is that?
This from a women who was widowed very young, the rich  guy never showed I guess.

Last edited by mincepie (Mon 09 Feb 09 7:51pm)

Likes (0)

#6 Mon 09 Feb 09 7:51pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

I agree with you Penny , its the tiny gestures that bring a smile.

I just love it when I get an unexpected ...' Missing you ' or 'I love you ' text when I am at work or when my husband is away for work.

But at the same time he is capable of being pretty unromantic , like this weekend when ha had wanted a 'fried breakfast' for lunch and I made him heart shaped fried bread ans I tried to make a heart shaped fried egg ( but it stuck in the cookie cutter that I had used) and all he could say was ...

"I suppose this means that my lunch has been blogged ! "

Likes (0)

#7 Mon 09 Feb 09 7:58pm

CarolineB

Forum champ
Occupation Triplet mom and IT marketing consultant
From Bodensee
Member since Sun 29 Jan 06

lol  lol

I bought some red roses today, just to bring a bit of spring feeling to the house. My dear OH said: 'Whatīs the use of them?' As if there was an instruction manual for roses... phew... Romance? How do you spell this?  lol

Likes (0)

#8 Mon 09 Feb 09 10:16pm

madamada

Forum super champ
Occupation living life
From Friuli northern Italy
Member since Mon 14 Jan 08

............ is when you see a rainbow, or you hear a usignolo/nightingale singing, or you crop the first strawberry or the last grape and you run to the man you have chosen to share it with him, no matter how many times he doesn't seem to pay too much attention ........... apparentemente wink  big_smile

Romance is something you cannot get rid of

Last edited by madamada (Mon 09 Feb 09 10:59pm)

Likes (0)

#9 Tue 10 Feb 09 10:40am

pennysaints

Forum champ
From Southampton

Is romance dead here? 6 replies! If your single you must know what your idea of romance is, or what you want, or got! C'mon guy's!  hmm

Likes (0)

#10 Tue 10 Feb 09 10:55am

cupcake

Forum champ
From Cambodia, eh?
Member since Tue 09 Nov 04

I love this lovely bit about love...

Spoiler alert:

"Love isnít an act, itís a whole life. Itís staying with her now because she needs you; itís knowing you and she will still care about each other when sex and daydreams, fights and futuresówhen all thatís on the shelf and done with. Loveówhy, Iíll tell you what love is: itís you at seventy-five and her at seventy-one, each of you listening for the otherís step in the next room, each afraid that a sudden silence, a sudden cry, could mean a lifetimeís talk is over"

Also, it's FUNNY.
mrgreen

http://www.themorningnews.org/archives/ … ve_you.php

Likes (0)