forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#21 Thu 12 Feb 09 12:36am

SusanneH

Forum champ
From Germany
Member since Mon 13 Mar 06

Re: What trivialities are currently annoying you?

Take care and sleep well! xx

Likes (0)

#22 Thu 12 Feb 09 12:46am

Nutty Nette

Occupation Facilities Manager
From Hemel
Member since Wed 17 Dec 08

Maree
Hi and thanks love this conversation slightly concerned it made me feel better to winge.
Did you move into my dodgy appartment block question The pumps just the end of a long story. Possible unconfirmed 550 if not repairable
Washcine 5 months ago 550
Extractor blow up 150 quid
Cooker fell on me not screwed in, third degree burns ( sued on that one credit of 7k
Bath when I,ve got hot water takes an hour to fill
All 3.5 years old and knackered. Great Joy
Never buy a new appartment let some other sole where out the crap they fit and save the asset tax exclaim

Pennysaints I tried to Email you not sure if it worked never done it here before sad

Likes (0)

#23 Thu 12 Feb 09 12:53am

Luvmegrub

Forum champ
Occupation Cleaner at The Salmon Arms
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Fri 22 Aug 08

Woke up yesterday with a really stiff neck, ignored it as usual but overnight it worsened considerably so went off to physio this morning in agony and was told I've got wry neck syndrome (toticollis).  Literally a pain in the neck!  What's annoying (and clearly trivial considering Australia's real problems at the mo) is that I was supposed to be going out on a girls night tonight.  I can now go and put my DVDs on that I got for Christmas and fall asleep and miss the whole thing!

Likes (0)

#24 Thu 12 Feb 09 2:01am

Allamanda12

Occupation Global Nomad - Expat Wife
From Singapore
Member since Mon 12 Jan 09

There's four in our family and as Mum I have to get everything fixed when it breaks. I think I must have visited every Service Center in Singapore, mainly technology service centres for laptops, modems, mobile phones, watch batteries and servicing, also had to order a new lid for the food processor as teenage daughter dropped it (musn't complain that she was cooking and using it). New things don't seem to last more than six months before a fault or repair is needed.
I'm looking at two pairs of shoes not more than 2 months old belonging to one teenage daughter, leather flip flop style, both broken from people standing on the back of the shoes in a crowd. Not cheap ones either from Pull and Bear and Aldo. Do I buy the same shoes again as they were liked so much and worn alot?
But you know what cheered me up yesterday, watched my first Ministry of Food programme on TV and I felt so happy watching the happiness it brought to people learning to cook especially Mick the miner, what a lovely person.

Likes (0)

#25 Thu 12 Feb 09 9:02am

pennysaints

Forum champ
Occupation "Homemaker" and lovin it!
From Southampton
Member since Tue 10 Oct 06

Netty, haven't received email from you hon, cheers though!  neutral

Likes (0)

#26 Sat 14 Feb 09 9:45pm

Nutty Nette

From Hemel

Hi pennysaints told you I was struggling with the theory on that one. i will have another go/

Likes (0)

#27 Sun 15 Feb 09 8:11am

SusanneH

Forum champ
From Germany
Member since Mon 13 Mar 06

Same here last night. And when I started to watch a discussion about art my OH (who was reading a book and not watching anyways) started to complain, so had to turn that off too. When I watch silly nonsense and chick flicks he complains that I watch dumb stuff, when I watch an intellectual debate about contemporary art he complains that it is boring. All he watches are political debates. The only thing we can agree on easily is an occasional science program or the local news...

Likes (0)

#28 Sun 15 Feb 09 8:44am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Susanne, at least you "watch" together.

I don't turn the tv on when alone. Enjoy silence.

My gripe isn't trivial.

The fires in Victoria have been absolutely awful.

But almost "replacing" the news with fire "non-updates" - interviewing people who have a story", just disgusts me.

Front page of SMH last week was of a family *just* learning that *many* of their family had "not made it". Who wants that on the front page of one of the national broadsheets? What, more importantly, of the family?

"Two bites at the cherry"- am ****** of with "friends" who say they'll "get back to you immediately" and they don't. Time difference really *does* make a difference... so why do I wait for hours for the equivalent of a Seinfeld episode (nothing about nothing)?Have the complete set, btw, so am not anti-Seinfeld.

We expect it with trades people, but "friends"?

Had better turn veg- lamb roast for dinner with veg and an olive oil and grape cake served with hm vanilla pod icecream.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#29 Sun 15 Feb 09 8:03pm

Nutty Nette

From Hemel

Hey Maree
The news here is doom recession more doom and advice if you are being made redundant well. It winds me up redundant five consecutive times and they advise looking for a lower grade position. recruiters take one look at my CV and laugh me out the building.  There,s an opinion here that the press instigated the deep recession were now in with there misery. Does not compare to them abusing devistated victems of disasters but unemployment out here is getting serious. The news is becoming a bore yawn

Likes (0)