Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Mon 15 Feb 10 11:16am

chastweed

Member since Mon 15 Feb 10

Healthy Hot Dog Stand?

I am a college professor and I am working with a Non Profit - Kids Cafe - that prepares healthy meals for school kids in underprivileged areas 3 nights a week. They now feed several hundred kids a week.  The problem is establishing a sustainable source of funding for the effort.  This is the problem that my class is working on.  The person who has run kid's cafe has researched the idea of selling food from a cart - a healthy hot dog stand - or something that could be easily prepared and dispensed from a cart.  Having seen your TED speech - I was wondering if you have any suggestions on how we could help him fulfill this vision? He is not talking about a small cart - he has found some high end carts - that are almost like a small diner.  Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Likes (0)

#2 Mon 15 Feb 10 11:42am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Re: Healthy Hot Dog Stand?

Hi ChasTweed, you mightn't get an answer from Jamie here, but the forumers will be sure to offer some help!
one suggestion:
Baked potato cut open and filled with coleslaw and (a little) sour cream.

Likes (0)

#3 Mon 15 Feb 10 12:25pm

mr spice

Forum champ
Occupation Working dad...
From Germany
Member since Sat 05 Sep 09

I think wraps are great for kids...they contain bread and healthy salads, a sensible proportion of good quality meat, poultry or fish and have a good, tasty dressing, also they can be served with healthy sides like spicy beans or lentils or baked potatoes... thumbsup

Likes (0)

#4 Mon 15 Feb 10 10:53pm

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Wraps are such a good idea, you would have examples from all around the world!  big_smile
You could change them so easily to suit the seasons too! Mmm falafel! dribble

Likes (0)

#5 Wed 17 Feb 10 6:44pm

chastweed

Member since Mon 15 Feb 10

Any idea about how to communicate with Jamie - email or such to get his input?

Likes (0)