forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Thu 25 Mar 10 3:10am

larfalot

Member since Thu 25 Mar 10

Wagamama's Chilli Chicken Ramen Recipe Here

I love love love Wagamama's chilli chicken ramen and am pleased to say that with this recipe I can make it at home - and I swear it can ward off colds and flu. Also, when I make it, especially when I'm not feeling well, I like to jack up the vegetables in it - such as sliced mushrooms, thinly sliced capsicum, bok choy etc. I also like to sometimes add lemongrass and ginger. If I can't get limes, I substitute lemons. I don't make the stock from scratch (but have included anyway) I just use liquid stock from the supermarket.

If you really want to recreate the experience at home, apparently you can buy the ramen bowls and ladles from some Wagamama restaurants.

Chili Chicken Ramen (serves 4)
--------------------
Chicken Marinade
--------------------
for four chicken breasts (I sometimes use boned chicken thighs because they are cheaper and more flavoursome)

two tablespoons of sake (I skip this as I haven't found a place near me that sells sake)
2 tablespoons Korean Chili paste (or any kind of red chilli paste - I use Thai red curry chilli paste)
2 teaspoons of sugar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
light soy sauce enough to mix with ingredients above and coat the chicken.

Coat the chicken with marinade and leave for at least an hour in fridge.

----------------------
Ramen Chili sauce.
---------------------

Ingredients
1 bottle of hot chili sauce (not sweet chilli sauce)
20ml brown vinegar (3 tablespoons)
75ml Fish sauce (6tablespoons)
10g sugar (1 tablespoon)

Mix together well, make sure the vinegar is completely dispersed
Once mixed up, this stuff lasts forever in the fridge.

-----------------------
Chili Chicken Ramen
-----------------------

In addition to the above you will need
Chicken stock 2 litres
Coriander (one clump)
One red Onion
4 Chilis
Fresh beansprouts
Noodles
Lime wedges

I also add any of the following: mushrooms, sliced capsicum (red pepper), bok choy, spring onions, lemongrass, ginger all to boost nutrition value.

Heat the stock but don't let boil.
Boil two separate pots of water, about 500ml
Chop the vegies and the coriander.
Grill or Broil the chicken breasts.
When the chicken is done, slice the chicken.

Ingrediants that don't need boiling are: red onion, spring onions, coriander, lime and chopped chilli - set these aside.

Throw the beansprouts, mushrooms, lemongrass, bok choy, capsicum into the boiling pot of water for about four minutes.

At the same time that the vegetables are boiling, boil the noodles according to the directions on the packet - time it so that they will be ready at the same time the vegetables are.

Pour one to two tablespoons of the chili sauce into the bottom of the four serving bowls.

Pour the stock, then add a bed of noodles into each bowl.

Drain the vegetables.

Layer the chicken on top of the noodles, add a chopped chili, a generous handful of coriander and a quarter of the assorted vegetables.

Serve with soy sauce and chilli oil to ramp up the heat if desired.

Likes (0)

#2 Sun 25 Mar 12 4:39am

Louisagibbons

Member since Sun 25 Mar 12

Re: Wagamama's Chilli Chicken Ramen Recipe Here

Hi there,
just wondering if you can add coconut milk to the stock part for a different flavour, or would this ruin it?

Thanks, Louisa

Last edited by Louisagibbons (Sun 25 Mar 12 4:39am)

Likes (0)

#3 Sun 25 Mar 12 9:53am

MsK

Forum champ
Occupation Travelling around the globe..
From ..Holland..land of windmills!!
Member since Tue 12 Jan 10

Re: Wagamama's Chilli Chicken Ramen Recipe Here

Thanks for the recipe!

Likes (0)