forum: FAQ's

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Fri 29 Oct 10 4:11pm

steveemait

Member since Fri 29 Oct 10

Non stick pans

Hi everyone, im in the market for some new frying pans, I really like the look of the tefal Jamie oliver hard anodized pans but the reviews are putting me off somewhat. Does anyone on here have any experience of them or maybe point me in a different direction, thanks in advance

Likes (0)

#2 Fri 29 Oct 10 8:33pm

superhealthykid

Member since Fri 29 Oct 10

Re: Non stick pans

I am all about the cast iron pan! I hate pans with anything coated on them.   But with the cast iron, you get a boost of iron and you don't have to worry about harmful chemicals.
Amy Roskelley
www.healthykidsplate.com

Likes (0)

#3 Fri 29 Oct 10 8:34pm

milliemoo72

Occupation Retail
From Oxfordshire
Member since Tue 26 Oct 10

Just bought a Stellar saute pan, hard anodized. This adds to our roasting tin and stock pot. Find the hard anodized is def the way forward!

Likes (0)

#4 Fri 27 Apr 12 1:42pm

craniowave

Member since Fri 27 Apr 12

Having purchased a set of Jamie Oliver Non stick frying pans I can only say how disapointed I am.  The non stick coating on all three pans started peeling after less than a years useage. I take great care of my pans and I can only describe these as RUBBISH!!!. These pans cost me a lot of money and the department store that I purchased them from will not replace them. Perhaps Jamie Oliver should replace them as he put his name to them. angry

Likes (0)

#5 Fri 27 Apr 12 11:26pm

mark's kitchen

Occupation Head cook, Mark's Kitchen & Smokin' BBQ
From santa rosa,california,usa
Member since Mon 21 Jun 04

I have 2 Tefal non stick, reviewed as one of the best, long lasting. I use mine a lot and they have worked well. I did read that any non stick surface is good for about a years use. I also have 3 well seasoned cast iron pans. They never stick and also never see dish soap. If I hadn't bought the non stick I would just use the CI, although the Tefal can hang on the rack but the CI are so heavy they are hiding in a drawer.

Mark

Likes (0)

#6 Fri 27 Apr 12 11:47pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

I have the cast iron, perfect and as good as new...they are three years old...Tefal, with the take off handle so they are also used in the oven.

I bought a JO *named* tefal frying pan in an outlet shopping center in Essex GB two years ago for 5.00, is as good as new, i wish that i had bought more to offer.

Mark, what is CI ?...

craniowave...no use you complaining within the forums...try here:
http://www.jamieoliver.com/contact

Likes (0)

#7 Sat 28 Apr 12 1:41am

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

I have seen rave reviews of Jamie's Tefal products as being the best of non-stick in their category.

What we should consider as consumers is that non-stick pans are not long-term investments, they are disposable after a relatively short number of uses compared to more solid tools like cast iron or enameled cast iron, etc.  IMO, they are a modern, disposable convenience.

Likes (0)

#8 Sat 28 Apr 12 8:51am

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

kye in france wrote:

I have the cast iron,

Mark, what is CI ?...

Have you answered your own question Kye.... lol

Likes (0)

#9 Sat 28 Apr 12 12:01pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

wine~o wrote:

kye in france wrote:

I have the cast iron,

Mark, what is CI ?...

Have you answered your own question Kye.... lol

tongue not amused tongue  whistle

Likes (0)

#10 Sat 28 Apr 12 12:06pm

BritFinn

Forum champ
Occupation Opiskelija
From Finland
Member since Thu 26 Aug 10

I'm not a huge fan of non-stick, as it seems like you pay a fortune and they don't last long.  I never put them in the dishwasher, and this seems to help, but I'd love to find a better solution.  Unfortunately though, cast iron are just too heavy for my (I have hyper mobility, which means my wrists are very weak) and whatever I buy needs to work on induction too.  hmm

Likes (0)