Likes (0)

#42 Sun 07 Nov 10 5:03am

cengland

Forum champ
Occupation teacher
From Darwin, Australia
Member since Wed 08 Sep 10

Re: seed saving illegal

Eddie, it was certainly a clever play on words.  I generally like your turn of phrase. 

I also think you were quite right to say it is 'sad' (in the sense of unhappy-making) that many people believe horrible things that are circulated on the net, and get so afraid or upset.  I know in democratic countries we are supposed to have freedom of speech and all that, but I think there are good arguments for censorship of the net, in the way that the book publishing industry has censorship to the extent of peer reviewers and publishers being able to refuse works submitted for publication.

I have no idea how that might work though ...  hmm

Last edited by cengland (Sun 07 Nov 10 5:21am)

Likes (0)

#43 Sun 07 Nov 10 5:09am

cengland

Forum champ
Occupation teacher
From Darwin, Australia

Tara wrote:

Ms C I don't think it's rude or condesending to suggest further research either, I was merely try to point out that these things can be pointed out politely. I had no issue with the OT convo you were having. 

For the record I don't hold this sort of thing against anyone, Lord knows Ive been guilty of it myself, and often in humour, it's a fine line I guess and I was merely putting myself in the others shoes.

Eddie, Im sure you weren't going out of your way to upset anyone, you haven't got a mean bone in your body.

Well, I hope no one thinks I was impolite; I was certainly trying to get away from belligerence.  If Roxyrockford comes back, he/she can tell us I guess - didn't strike me as the shrinking violet type.  But I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

That you try to put yourself in other people's shoes, and are always so generous, is what makes you 'sweet', as Eddie says.

Likes (0)

#44 Sun 07 Nov 10 5:15am

Tara

Forum champ
Occupation Mother, Best Friend, home trained cook.
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sat 22 Dec 07

Ok now Im feeling  oops ...going to quiety go sit on the couch and contemplate my navel.

Likes (0)

#45 Sun 07 Nov 10 5:18am

cengland

Forum champ
Occupation teacher
From Darwin, Australia

I'm sure it's a very nice navel.  But don't stay away too long.  You'll get a crick neck.

Likes (0)

#46 Sun 07 Nov 10 6:23am

SonomaEddie

Forum super champ
Occupation Chief cook and bottle washer
From Northern California
Member since Sat 10 Feb 07

cengland wrote:

I'm sure it's a very nice navel.  But don't stay away too long.  You'll get a crick neck.

lol

This scene repeats itself in my heads very often:  The woman who lives next to my mother in her caravan where she winters over in Arizona comes racing in the door saying how scared she is because her internet source has told her that Obama is sneaking Muslims terrorists into the country.  I roll my eyes, my mom tries to be polite to the otherwise nice lady.  But I can't help but think of all the other people watching FOX news and believing everything they hear.  Crazy, stupid, idiotic stuff that they won't question because their heroes, their "patriots" have told them it's so.  You can't imagine what it's like living in this country.

Likes (0)

#47 Sun 07 Nov 10 6:28am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

He is sneaking Muslim terrorists into the country! Yikes!
I had better run and tell the nice lady in the caravan who has her son visiting!

wink

Likes (0)

#48 Sun 07 Nov 10 6:58am

cengland

Forum champ
Occupation teacher
From Darwin, Australia

lol  Oh joy, Joy.

Likes (0)

#49 Sun 07 Nov 10 7:38am