forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sat 04 Dec 10 11:11am

Gluke

Member since Sat 04 Dec 10

Stuffed turkey crown

Iíve ordered a whole pre-stuffed (pork and Cranberry stuffing) organic Bronze turkey crown from my butcher for Christmas day.  I want to make sure that I don't let the meat dry out.  Iíve seen a cooking technique where having coated the bird in butter and seasoning, you put it on a trivet in a roasting pan, pour a mix of stock, wine and other nice things into the bottom of the pan then seal the whole thing tightly with foil so the meat steams rather than roasts.  I then wanted to finish by uncovering, applying a glaze and browning off.  The problem I have is I have no idea of cooking times or temperatures that I should use, so wondered if you could give me some guidance please.  Many thanks.

Likes (0)

#2 Sat 04 Dec 10 6:08pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

Re: Stuffed turkey crown

Hey up Gluke...is this a boned crown or not?? What sort of oven (Gas/electric/fan..)

What will be the weight including stuffing???

Likes (0)

#3 Sat 04 Dec 10 6:27pm

Gluke

It's boned and rolled.  I think it's going to be a total stuffed weight of about 8-10lbs, I won't know for sure until I pick it up.

Likes (0)

#4 Sat 04 Dec 10 6:30pm

Gluke

oh, and it's electric, either fan assisted or conventional

Likes (0)

#5 Sat 04 Dec 10 7:00pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

20 mins per lb at 160/170 (Fan)..gives you about 3 hours...seems a bit too long to me..do it for 2 and a half..basting regularly...cover with foil if it's browning too quickly..rest for 20 mins 1/2 hour after checking the juices are clear..cover with foil/towel to keep warm...Turkey is never an exact science.good luck!

Likes (0)

#6 Sun 05 Dec 10 8:01pm

Gluke

thanks

Likes (0)