Jamie Oliver

forum: FAQ's

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Fri 29 Apr 11 4:54am

DrewRichardson

Member since Fri 29 Apr 11

Magazine - iPad Release

Hi Jamie,

Maybe not the right place to put this, so please accept my apologies. For an expat now finding himself in the lovely land of Singapore I miss the magazine on a monthly basis.

Was wondering if there were any plans to turn the magazine into an iPad release as well. (Good Food Magazine has done this and it is great)

Environmentally it is also a good idea.

Hopefully we will see this in the future

BR

A

Likes (0)

#2 Fri 29 Apr 11 4:55am

DrewRichardson

Re: Magazine - iPad Release

Anyone else think this would be a good idea ?

another point apologies, Quarterly basis for the Magazine, not monthly.

Likes (0)

#3 Fri 29 Apr 11 10:28am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

I would love an iPad to read a magazie on !
But if you are an iPad user than I would imagine its the sort of thing you might like.
Sorry Drew, I love a paper copy of the magazine, an iPad copy would not replace that at all.
The issues of the magazine have just recently bee increased to monthly , I would not like he magazine to be quarterly.
I look forward to it arriving in the post each month.

Likes (0)

#4 Fri 29 Apr 11 10:40am

DrewRichardson

Hi Mummza,

I do know the feeling I did also enjoy being able to pick up the paper version when I was back home, but with being on the road the ability to have it digitally to take with me to whichever country I find myself would be a good thing, and to be able to cook the new recipes for friends who are not normally exposed to western cuisines is even better.

Didn't know the mags had been updated to monthly now I am missing it even more !!!!

I will go on hoping they either send it out to Singapore, or the digital version arrives.

A

smile

Likes (0)

#5 Thu 05 May 11 9:24am

Walthour

Member since Thu 05 May 11

DrewRichardson wrote:

Hi Mummza,

I do know the feeling I did also enjoy being able to pick up the paper version when I was back home, but with being on the road the ability to have it digitally to take with me to whichever country I find myself would be a good thing, and to be able to cook the new recipes for friends who are not normally exposed to western cuisines is even better.

Didn't know the mags had been updated to monthly now I am missing it even more !!!!

I will go on hoping they either send it out to Singapore, or the digital version arrives.

A

smile

The issues of the magazine have just recently bee increased to monthly , I would not like he magazine to be quarterly.
I look forward to it arriving in the post each month.

Likes (0)

#6 Tue 07 Jun 11 4:47pm

Paul Dring

Member since Tue 14 Apr 09

Hi there,

We have an app! Go to http://www.jamiemagazineapp.com for more details.

The Jamie Magazine team

Likes (0)

#7 Tue 07 Jun 11 8:49pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Great news  ...can you send me an ipad please so I can read it  lol  lol

(but I will still look forward to receiving the paper copy through my door  big_smile )

Last edited by mummza (Tue 07 Jun 11 8:51pm)

Likes (0)

#8 Wed 15 Jun 11 4:58pm

jessicaluchesi

Member since Wed 15 Jun 11

Well, I'm in Brazil and the cost of shipping alone, doubles the subscription costs... :P I'd save money buying an iPad just to read the same magazines without needing shipping :P

Likes (0)

#9 Tue 23 Aug 11 5:32am

Muralles

Member since Tue 23 Aug 11

DrewRichardson wrote:

Hi Jamie,

Maybe not the right place to put this, so please accept my apologies. For an expat now finding himself in the lovely land of Singapore I miss the magazine on a monthly basis.

Was wondering if there were any plans to turn the magazine into an iPad release as well. (Good Food Magazine has done this and it is great)

Environmentally it is also a good idea.

Hopefully we will see this in the future

BR
I'd save money buying an iPad just to read the same magazines without needing shipping

A

Likes (0)

#10 Tue 20 Dec 11 8:41pm

adlaporte

Member since Tue 20 Dec 11

I am looking to subscribe to the magazine as a Christmas gift for my wife but after installing the application on our ipad and looking on the website, it does not seem that you can order a year's subscription to the magazine for the ipad.

Is it possible to do so or must one purchase the issues one at a time during the course of the next year?

Likes (0)