forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#41 Mon 30 Jan 12 1:03pm

lukki

From Poland
Member since Sat 24 Dec 11

Re: Welcome everyone, start the new year cooking!

Hello Jamie,
I bought your book "Jamie's Italian". After one day reading, totally inspired, I made a great dinner - onion soup and grilled cod with great italian sauce and vegetable salad. This sauce recipe is wonderful. Thank's for it! I'm sure I tasted it during last vacation with swordfish. Below pictures:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1157274212 … tableSalad

Greetings for all!

Last edited by lukki (Mon 30 Jan 12 3:51pm)

Likes (0)

#42 Wed 08 Feb 12 2:38pm

khayer

Member since Sun 22 Jan 12

Hello
I am struggling to bake a tasty cake for my daughters birthday, who has never been able to eat cake due to her multiple allergies.  Which is why I am hoping to get some good advice/tips/recipes here.  Her allergies are gluten (wheat, rye barley, oats), eggs and legumes (which is all types of bean, peas, lentils, soya, nuts).  If you have a recipe for a cake please share.  Thank you very much, Kam

help

Likes (0)

#43 Sat 11 Feb 12 6:59pm

Hogan42

Member since Sat 11 Feb 12

Hi, I've seen a recipe in the Jamie Calendar that was free with one of the magazines but can't find the calendar, can anyone tell me the recipe for Rigatoni with Crab,Fennel and tomato.  I've searched the internet but can't find it anywhere. Thanks ....  smile

Likes (0)

#44 Tue 14 Feb 12 12:54am

Rasko

Occupation security
From UK
Member since Fri 04 Nov 11

Some great recipes there, I must say.

Keep them coming smile

Likes (0)

#45 Mon 20 Feb 12 5:23pm

amchu

Member since Mon 20 Feb 12

Hi Jamie, I follow your programmes religiously adn I love them. I cannot cook at all and always wondered how everything you make can be taste nice surely you have made the odd mishap and was left with a disgusting dish like all mine are.  help

Likes (0)

#46 Tue 21 Feb 12 11:07am

EllieRentoul

Member since Tue 21 Feb 12

Hi Jamie - I'm trying to type this with my 3-year old in my lap and with a pregnant belly in the way - so, I'll be brief: THANK YOU for inspiring me to learn how to cook - before purchasing Ministry of Food, I used to have anxiety attacks if I knew I had to cook for my partner (now my husband) or our friends. I was so genuinely inspired by the Ministry of Food series (I only saw 2 shows - but that was enough to get me started) that I bought the cookbook and began my slow but happy & successful journey towards the "domestic goddes" that my husband now calls me!
However, it is the 30 Minutes Meals that is now our absolute fav cookbook (and most used).
In our home we admire your ethics, your selfless generosity to help people enjoy and understand food better, to protect the animals from cruel conditions and to educate the children and parents of this world about healthy eating habits.

People like you, Jamie, make the world a better place. We wish you and your Family all the happiness, success, love and friendships from all our hearts.
Ellie, Andrew and David Rentoul (Brisbane, Australia)

Likes (0)

#47 Tue 21 Feb 12 12:09pm

hungrykim

Member since Tue 21 Feb 12

Hi Jamie, I'm watching your show, 'Jamies 30 minute meals' in Melbourne Australia.In particular, you made a particular dessert that even I could make. It looks delicious! but unfortunately, I didnt catch name of the dessert and now I cant find it. please bear with me as I describe it. You made the base with crushed hazelnuts, had some sort of lemon curd. had raspberries swimming in it and to top it off, you put swirls of dark chocolate and mint leaves. you made them in what looked like whisky glasses.PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ANYBODY, if you have the recipe, I DESPERATELY WANT IT!!!
Thanks
Hungrykim

Likes (0)

#48 Wed 22 Feb 12 5:51am

anna1234

Member since Tue 25 Oct 11

Hi Jamie:), after a few weeks of not touching one of your cook books, my 11 year old said " come on mum, i want some Jamie Oliver food!" tonight i made your basic bread recipe/ pizzas, and it was the first time i had ever made bread. It was so easy and yummy. Once again thank-you XXXXXXXX

Likes (0)

#49 Wed 22 Feb 12 10:40pm

hbv89d

Occupation homemaker
From Canada
Member since Mon 02 Jan 12

I haven't used the forum before am new at this entirely...however i do have a question for anyone who has some advise...i am cooking a linguine dish with spinach tomatoes and red peppers now the issue i have here what kind of sauce recipe would i use for flavour i am not into heated dishes with chilies or any hot peppers really or if i do it is minimal..thanks smile

Likes (0)

#50 Mon 27 Feb 12 1:21pm

popitsa62

Member since Sun 19 Feb 12

Hi Jamie, i'm a "follower" from Greece. I love your recipes and i like you ,too, you seem  like a nice guy!   Today in Greece is "Clean Monday" it means that for 50 days until Easter's Sunday ,according to religion ,we must not eat meat or products coming from animals generally. So today i've cooked octapus with olive oil and vinegar, beans with tomato sauce ,parsley and dill l cooked in the oven, potato salad,risotto with shrimps, a salad coming from preserved fish eggs (taramosalata) ,fava beans with octapus , onion , capers , oregano, and olive oil and we eat a special bread that is made only on this day called lagana. Anyway i wanted to ask something. I see you cooking all the time chili pepers. Are they really too hot, or can someone that doesn't  usually eats hot stuffs can eat those? And the reason i'm asking is because i thing that in some of your recipies they are irreplaceble (or not?). Can i put somenthing else instead ? Thanks for your time, and i hope i get some answer.    cool

Likes (0)