forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Tue 03 Jan 12 1:39pm

Rad Dad

Member since Tue 03 Jan 12

Brussel sprout fritters recipe

A year ago on NYE my cousin cooked sprout fritters with a hint of chilli from a Jamie recipe, with soy and lime dip.

I've searched for it a few times and chased my cousin but she lost the recipe somehow!! Really want to cook it again, especially as we have half a stick of sprouts outside waiting to be used up ;-)

If anyone knows the recipe I mean or has a link to it that would be ace.

Thanks in advance ;-)

Likes (0)

#2 Wed 14 Nov 12 11:22pm

suzyannesmith

Member since Fri 17 Jul 09

Re: Brussel sprout fritters recipe

Sprout Fritters with Chilli Dipping Sauce

Serves 6

300g brussels sprouts
2 bunches of spring onions, sliced
2 red chillies, deseeded, finely sliced
a whole bunch of coriander, chopped, a few leaves kept aside
200g self-raising flour
4 eggs, lightly beaten
4 tbsp sesame seeds
groundnut oil
lime wedges, to serve

Chilli dipping sauce
2 red chillies, deseeded if preferred
1 garlic clove, peeled
2-3 tbsp sugar
juice and zest of 1 lime
a splash of rice-wine vinegar
1 tbsp  light soy sauce
75-100ml water

1 Start with the sauce. Add the chilli, garlic, sugar, lime zest and juice and vinegar to a food processor. Blitz to a paste. Add the soy, then the water till you get a consistency and taste you like.
2 Shred the sprouts as finely as you can, ideally with a food processor or mandolin. Transfer to a bowl with the spring onions, chilli and coriander. Season generously, then add the flour and scrunch together to combine. Mix in the eggs and the sesame seeds.
3 Put a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat and add a good drizzle of groundnut oil. Add large spoonfuls of the mix, and flatten slightly with a spatula. Fry for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes or until golden; flip over and repeat. Sprinkle with salt and serve with lime wedges, coriander leaves and chilli sauce.

Likes (0)