forum: FAQ's

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sat 10 Mar 12 12:50pm

halfbakedpixel

Occupation Design Engineer
From Norfolk
Member since Sat 10 Mar 12

Wood Burning stoves/ovens

Morning. I have just joined the forum and already written in the intro bit so thought i'd get on with my first thread. Hopefully this is the right place to post. Please tell me if not.
I'm currently designing a few projects for wood burning stoves and ovens, i got the idea from Jamies website and seeing him on channel 4 using one in his garden. But most of these are either very expensive, made of clay and very big. There must be another way of having the charm and usage of wood fired cooking but harnessing it another way plus also making it cheap.
I work at a bespoke design/manufacturing company that mostly makes food machinery, amongst lots of other things. This gives me an insight into what the industry is doing on a large scale and small.
I have a whole workshop of very skilled welders/fabricators to hand and numerous steels to work with. So i have decided to design a few wood burning ovens and stoves that people can build themselves using my designs.
I won't post my web address in fear of this being deleted but i have my first design on there for people to check out, its a small portable wood burning stove.
My next project is a mild steel wood burning oven built in sections to be bolted together. I did my research and it seemed a lot of these cast iron/mild steel units were built for the praries of America during the cowboy era, although the era was short lived these designs were simple to build and very efficient due to the lack of fuel in the desert. They still cooked all the meals using them and they were ultra portable for the wagons. I'm basing some of my ideas from these designs.
I'll keep you updated on my designs and if anyone wants more info please ask.

Likes (0)

#2 Tue 13 Mar 12 9:17pm

Alessandra Z.

Member since Tue 13 Mar 12

Re: Wood Burning stoves/ovens

Apparently I cannot leave any links to help you, but in my opinion the north Italian wood burning stoves (similar to aga) are the best for cooking. maybe you can have a look at the designs, just google the words cucina economica a legna and look at the pictures!

Ciao and good luck with your project!

Alessandra Zecchini

Likes (0)

#3 Tue 13 Mar 12 9:32pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

or this http://www.sbspagnolo.com/catalog/spolert

I would like to have one in my kitchen but have no chimney going out from there hmm

Last edited by Grand_Ma (Tue 13 Mar 12 9:33pm)

Likes (0)

#4 Wed 14 Mar 12 12:09pm

halfbakedpixel

From Norfolk

Thankyou Alessandra and Grand_Ma
I'll take a look at both of them.

Been working on the dome shaped oven in solidworks lately so should hopefully have some drawings ready soon for you to have a look at.

Likes (0)

#5 Wed 14 Mar 12 3:00pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

we are here waiting for them smile

Likes (0)

#6 Thu 15 Mar 12 10:30am

Pakman

Forum champ
From Estonia
Member since Tue 06 Oct 09

I have these free brick oven plans and hopefully will be building it this summer.
http://www.fornobravo.com/store/Pompeii … 16249.html

Here is a bunch of info on ovens
http://heatkit.com/html/bakeoven.htm

Likes (0)

#7 Fri 16 Mar 12 1:53pm

halfbakedpixel

From Norfolk

Hey cheers Pakman i'll have a closer look at that tonight.

I have just finished the first development renders of my wood fired oven.
PM me for the link.

I will eventually have drawings which i can supply anyone for free.

Likes (0)

#8 Fri 16 Mar 12 2:03pm

halfbakedpixel

From Norfolk

woodfiredpizzaoven dot org is good

Likes (0)

#9 Mon 19 Mar 12 1:33pm

halfbakedpixel

From Norfolk

http://www.halfbakedpixels.co.uk to find my newest design

Likes (0)

#10 Fri 26 Oct 12 8:22pm

olik

Member since Fri 26 Oct 12

I'm really interested in getting a dome 60 but want to bake bread as well as cook pizza. Has anyone had any success baking bread in the 60 we love making sourdough breads that develop a really great crust if cooked at a higher temperature than our ordinary domestic oven can reach.
Olik

Likes (0)