forum: FAQ's

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Wed 28 Mar 12 7:51am

cherrylcar

Member since Wed 28 Mar 12

SUB STANDARD GARLIC PRESSS - HOW CAN I COMPLAIN????

Well folks sorry to say that I've joined this Forum not to rave about JO (although I think he's fab) but to try as one of my last resorts to find out how I can complain about a shoddy piece of kitchen equipment - bought a garlic press and the coating is peeling off - have stopped using it as concerned about the health risks but it seems there is NO means of raising a complaint - have emailed, Facebooked and twittered but all fallen on deaf ears. Is there anyone out there who can help, it's becoming a crusade to get this sorted. Thanks ever so. Look forward to hearing from you. Oh meant to say I've currently in New Zealand so can't pick up the phone.

Likes (0)

#2 Wed 28 Mar 12 4:56pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: SUB STANDARD GARLIC PRESSS - HOW CAN I COMPLAIN????

Welcome to the forum cherrylcar  big_smile

It would probably be better if you posted a letter to the firm makes these garlic presses , I have found that most times a letter gets replied to .
The problem with emails is that they often get sunk in an in box due to volume that get sent for various reasons , some removed by the sp filter as addresses have not been recognised .

I would think that it's still ok to use as the metal used would be suitable for food use.

Some questions ...
Have you had the garlic press long ?
Do you hand wash the garlic press or dishwash it ?

I know you've come along to the forum to try to sort this out , but do stay around and join in some of the other threads , all sorts gets discussed and it's always nice for someone new to come along and join in .

Likes (0)

#3 Wed 18 Apr 12 8:11am

cherrylcar

Thanks for taking the time to reply. However, getting even more frustrated as 'Danny' passed this onto the 'team' on 2nd April saying I would get a response. Not a sausage. Whilst I could go down the avenue of writing to the manufacturers, Mr Oliver has his name stamped on this and quite frankly I don't really see why I should have to go to all this extra hastle to try and get this thing sorted. I guess what's annoying me the most is that no-one seems in the least bit interested - deaf ears and all that! Def. won't be buying anything else at this rate. VERY disappointed. Is someone going to do something PLEASE - or at least tell me how I can complain - sure I'm not the first person who's had a piece of C**P disguised as quality. angry

Likes (0)

#4 Wed 18 Apr 12 9:01am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

I am sorry that you have not heard anything back as yet cherrylcar , I am sure that Danny will have passed this on to the apropriate people for you , these things do always take time so I would not rule out a response happening before long.

Hope it all gets resolved soon ,

Likes (0)

#5 Wed 18 Apr 12 9:21am

Danny

Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
From Jamie's Office
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Sorry to hear this, I shall chase for you

Dan

Likes (0)

#6 Fri 20 Apr 12 10:34pm

cherrylcar

Thank you. Would really appreciate it.

Likes (0)

#7 Wed 16 May 12 3:26am

cherrylcar

OK so despite Danny supposedly chasing this up I have still heard nothing. Disgusted and now making this a formal complaint to Trading Standards and also any other channels Open to me to try to prevent others wasting Money and  being takenaka for a ride and helping Mr Oliver get Even richer. Incidentally Folks bought another one for a couple of quid from my local CoOp and it döes just as Good a Job its lighter and Not such a pain to wash, JO I only Hope you get to read this but I suppose you Pay People to make sure you never  have to be troubled  angry

Likes (0)

#8 Wed 16 May 12 8:32am

dhartley

Occupation Office Wallah
From Yorkshire / E Sussex
Member since Thu 15 Mar 12

Its a fair point, its frustrating when you spend hard earned money on something that doesnt live up to your expectations. Did you biy it online or in a shop? Have you ytied to send or take it back to where you bought it?

Likes (0)

#9 Wed 16 May 12 6:35pm

Danny

Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
From Jamie's Office
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Sorry that there has been no response as yet - I have sent another email to chase

Regards

Danny

Likes (0)

#10 Wed 16 May 12 7:10pm

mark's kitchen

Occupation Head cook, Mark's Kitchen & Smokin' BBQ
From santa rosa,california,usa
Member since Mon 21 Jun 04

cherrylcar wrote:

...... JO I only Hope you get to read this but I suppose you Pay People to make sure you never  have to be troubled  angry

So sorry that you have not received resolution to this issue. You bring up a good point however. I really have no info as to if JO reads the forum these days, or gets reports on items sold with his name on them. In the "old days" when the forum was just building, JO would post frequently and it was a high point of my forum participation. As time flows and business grow, things do change from the "mom and pop" feel to the corporate structure.
I hope that this trouble of yours not only gets resolved with your satisfaction but also instills an awareness of the problem that you have faced with "the store"

Mark

Likes (0)