forum: Campaigns and Community

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Thu 26 Apr 12 10:09am

runningforalife

Member since Thu 26 Apr 12

Cooking Lesson?

Hi guys,

I wonder if anybody can help?

I help volunteer for a charity called Running For A Life, a charity founded by Charlie Webster which looks to improve youngsters lives by giving them an opportunity to get involved in sport.  At the moment we are helping 7 young adults from Brixton (17-19yrs old) turn their lives around by getting them involved in running.

Everybody knows a healthy body = a healthy mind and key to this is food. I would like to organise a cooking/food lesson for the 7 youngsters teaching them about eating right and eating healthily.

Ideally I would like to organise so the youngsters have a lesson from a top chef teaching them easy meals to cook that helps with their training?

Any thoughts or views from anybody I would love to hear from you

Thanks

Stu

Likes (0)

#2 Thu 26 Apr 12 1:42pm

koukouvagia

Forum champ
From New York
Member since Fri 12 Dec 08

Re: Cooking Lesson?

Do you mean you want a celebrity chef to do the lesson?  Where are you and who do you have in mind?  What good restaurants are near you?

Likes (0)

#3 Thu 26 Apr 12 4:48pm

runningforalife

Member since Thu 26 Apr 12

We are a charity based in London, England - Ideally we would like a celebrity chef to teach the youngsters some cooking skills and show them how easy it is to buy, cook and eat healthily

Likes (0)

#4 Fri 27 Apr 12 1:16am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Good luck Runningforalife.
Those celebrity chefs are so busy!
I think your best chance would be to get your spiel ready and just be as persistent as you can, ringing up restaurants they own/work at, magazines they write for, any thing you can.... and hope you strike lucky.
There are so many competing for their time and attention that you will need good luck as well as your good argument.

It might be more practical and affective to find someone local who is a chef and that you can build a relationship with, and hopefully could build one with the boys.

I hope you can find what you want
Best wishes smile

Likes (0)

#5 Sat 28 Apr 12 12:28am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

if you are looking for someone who can cook and has run a marathon, I think we all know who could be, keep posting and have faith

Likes (0)

#6 Sat 28 Apr 12 1:51am

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

This makes me sad.  Celebrity is not the only way forward, but don't mind me.

Likes (0)

#7 Sat 28 Apr 12 9:32am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

thumbsup  wink  big_smile I thought the same and it's worth saying it, so look for someone passionate and you'll make them cook with passion crossed

Likes (0)