Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Mon 07 May 12 7:18pm

nessbee

Member since Mon 07 May 12

Pain au raisin recipe?

Just returned from France and I feel inspired to have a crack at making Pain au raisin? Does anyone have a tried and tested recipe? Has anyone had success with what is supposed to be a very tricky thing to make?

Likes (0)

#2 Mon 07 May 12 7:43pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Re: Pain au raisin recipe?

http://youcandoitathome.blogspot.fr/201 … astry.html

The above recipe looks very much like what i do, my raisins are soaked in Cognac or Brandy for a few hours before use....not necessary to do... Its not difficult to make them at all, pain au chocolat & croissants are even easier.

Likes (0)

#3 Mon 07 May 12 9:13pm

nessbee

Member since Mon 07 May 12

Thanks kye in France.
Is your croissant dough recipe the same as the one on this website too?

Likes (0)

#4 Mon 07 May 12 11:25pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Almost...i use this recipe:

500 g flour, 200 g butter, 60 g sugar, 25 cl of milk, i throw in the whole packet of yeast...(15g,) 1 level teaspoon of salt.

Dissolve yeast in luke warm milk. Mix flour, sugar and salt. Add milk and mix well.

Spread the dough with a rolling pin on a floured surface. Cut in thin slices of cold butter and arrange them over the entire surface of the dough. Fold the dough over on itself in three folds.

Place the dough in the fridge for 15 minutes.
Then pull it out, spread it back to roll and fold it into thirds. Put in the fridge for 15 minutes.....(we can carry on with quarters and eights, each time folding, cooling and rolling) try if you want but the second cooling in the fridge is usually enough.

Likes (0)