Subscribe to forums RSS

#401 Tue 09 Oct 12 2:14pm

jamie

Chef
From Fifteen Restaurant, London
Member since Wed 24 Mar 04

Re: Ask me a cooking question

alice_forest wrote:

Hello! I want to ask a question about the Epic BBQ Sauce from Jamie's America. How thick should it be? The recipe gives 5 or 10 minutes to simmer until the mixture starts to thicken slightly.
But I had to wait for about 50 minutes, i guess (not at really law heat). And I still think it was a bit thin. (I always have to increase the simmering time for recipes like that: ketchups, marmalades etc). smile
But the pork ribs were marvellous, thank you very much!!!!

Glad you like the ribs! For the sauce maybe it is the size of the oranges that you are using for the juice, try smaller oranges perhaps?

cheers

Jamie

Likes (0)

#402 Tue 09 Oct 12 2:17pm

jamie

Chef

nikkie110811 wrote:

good day sir smile other than potatoes and carrots ... i can't seem to get my kids to eat vegetables ... any idea...? thanks so much neutral

nikkie110811

Ni Nikkie,

How about trying some smashed peas with a little bit of butter and mint? Let us know how you get on...

Nice one

Jamie

Likes (0)

#403 Tue 09 Oct 12 2:21pm

jamie

Chef

Maziee wrote:

Hi Jamie I have searched all your books but am still struggling so I need some help. I am organising a 3 day festival in my house  and the theme is Hawiian. friday night start with cocktails so thats pretty easy. We have a three course sit down meal for 25-30 so it needs to be simple. Starter is sorted with your melon and proscuito salad. The meat for mains is chicken  I have 4 whole birds any suggestions, the desert will be your cheese cake. But I am stuck for starters and desert for the Saturday and as I feed about 45 I need help The meat for Saturday is overnight pork with a spicy rub, any suggestion for accompaning dishes. Thanks Maziee  help

wow Hawaiian, sounds exotic. Off the top of my head how about fruit and haloumi skewers??? Post some pics up in the blogs if you can it would be cool to see how it all turned out.

Cheers

Jamie

Likes (0)

#404 Wed 10 Oct 12 11:06am

SergeyL

Member since Wed 10 Oct 12

jamie wrote:

Hi Guys,

Thanks again for all of the great work that you do here on the forums helping each other and making this a great website to be a part of. I want to help out as well so I have started this thread to answer any cooking questions that you may have. I can't promise that I will be able to answer all of them but I will give it my best shot! So ask away....

Nice one

Jamie x

Hi Oliver I am writing you from distant Russia. I live in Moscow. Really like your your transmission and your books. I am 22 years old. I would like to learn to cook as you are! Since childhood, I do cook. Mom says that I have a talent. Here grew think where to study, to work. I want to find courses chef here in Moscow to get a crust that I am the cook. then going increase the discharge. Do not you going to open a restaurant in Russia?
Thanks in advance! smile  smile  smile
because of the lack of knowledge of English is necessary to use an interpreter And he takes a wry
I'm sorry for asking off topic sad

Last edited by SergeyL (Wed 10 Oct 12 11:24am)

Likes (0)

#405 Wed 10 Oct 12 12:38pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

hmm (sorry, can't find the "think" emoticon.

*So* glad to see Jamie reply to some questions posed by mainly new members clap  clap  clap  thumbsup

Good one, Jamie and thank you.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#406 Wed 10 Oct 12 4:57pm

orlaithmaleady

Member since Sat 29 Sep 12

hiii, im making dinner for the family and really want to do a breadcrumbed chicken dish...any suggestions xo smile

Likes (0)

#407 Thu 11 Oct 12 2:08pm

whinch

Member since Thu 11 Oct 12

Hi Jamie,
I am new to Aga cooking and want to cook your Crackled Pork Belly for friends. Can you please help me translate the cooking method for it and in particular the grilling of the crackling? So far I haven't mastered grilling, had some real disaters!!
Thank you
whinch x  yikes  crossed

Likes (0)

#408 Thu 11 Oct 12 7:45pm

pame71

Member since Thu 01 Jul 10

I have a question for a long time about the huge amounts you use rosemary, rosemary here in Chile is very strong so only a pinch is enough to meats, chops or potatoes.
maybe your rosemary is a  softer variety than ours?

Likes (0)

#409 Fri 12 Oct 12 10:53pm

debashie

Member since Fri 12 Oct 12

Hi Jamie

Please help...My 6 year old son has recently been put on a dairy free lactose diet and as i am new to this sort of diet i am battling to find things that are safe yet fun for him to eat.A lot of the information that i have managed to find on the web kind of contradicts or confuses me altogether.
The most confusing is cheese and i am hoping you can help me with this as one of his favorite foods is pizza.Some of the sites says mozzarella is lactose free and others say its not.The dairy free cheese we have managed to find is very bland and not very nice.

Any information you could give me would be gratefully appreciated.

Many Thanks . Look forward to hearing from you

Debbie

help  help

Likes (0)

#410 Sun 14 Oct 12 5:04pm

Trannoc

Member since Sun 14 Oct 12

Hello Jamie!

We have just been to your italian restaurant in London. Great service and wonderfull food! The ITALIAN BREAD SELECTION was fabulous! Would you share the recipe for the (what i think was) chiabatta? It was so soft, spongy and dellicous.

Thank you so much,
Trannoc

Likes (0)