Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#401 Wed 17 Oct 12 5:59pm

Crawl Walk Cook

Member since Wed 03 Oct 12

Re: Ask me a cooking question

This is not really a question. More of a  roll moments.
I tried your simple ice cream recipe. But along with the frozen fruit I but raw Rhubarb in.  question What made it even more stupid was that I thought it was celery, but I still put it in.  yikes  yikes  question I feel so stupid.

This is also going to sound really stupid but my question is, does shaking your behind, while your rolling lemon/lime, really get more juice out question

Likes (0)

#402 Wed 17 Oct 12 6:50pm

ANN

Forum champ
From North Carolina
Member since Thu 15 Jul 04

Jamie,  How old did you start letting your kids help with simple cooking.  My 2 year old wants to stir and taste and is really interested on the cooking and baking process.   What would you suggest keeping her busy with in the kitchen?  I really want her to keep a good interest in cooking and baking and enjoy it.  smile

Likes (0)

#403 Wed 17 Oct 12 10:27pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Ann ,when I made the bread , I gave my children chunks bread dough from a very early age , ( even in high chair !) they kneaded/bashed it about and had great fun . They made it into all sorts of weird and wonderful shapes/animal/flowers/trees etc etc and we left it to rise then we baked it !
Bread dough is great for little children as it feels nice they can bash it about , make whatever they want with it and then after all that it still prose well and bakes well  .. Amazing !

Helping to make a rubbed in recipe for biscuits and then rolling out the mixture and cutting them out is always fun as it making jam tarts ... But messy but somehow satisfying when you are small.

Bread and butter pudding is also a good thing to ake with small children but make sure that the butter is very soft for a child as young as 2 and also don't be suprised if the butter gist gets put in a flattened blobby bit in the middle of at oe edge of the bread and also gets a few holes ripped in it along the way ! That does not matter as it will still work out.
Spreading butter or jam it tricky for small children but it a great help in teaching them  coordination skills .. It really helps.

Likes (0)

#404 Wed 17 Oct 12 10:29pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Crawl Walk Cook wrote:

This is also going to sound really stupid but my question is, does shaking your behind, while your rolling lemon/lime, really get more juice out question

lol not really but it makes it more fun  lol

Likes (0)

#405 Wed 17 Oct 12 10:44pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

mummza wrote:

Crawl Walk Cook wrote:

lol not really but it makes it more fun  lol

It certainly gets the fat out, i do it all the time smile

Likes (0)

#406 Wed 17 Oct 12 10:52pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Trannoc wrote:

Hello Jamie!

We have just been to your italian restaurant in London. Great service and wonderfull food! The ITALIAN BREAD SELECTION was fabulous! Would you share the recipe for the (what i think was) chiabatta? It was so soft, spongy and dellicous.

Thank you so much,
Trannoc

Post 12 on this link gives you a Ciabatta recipe..
http://www.jamieoliver.com/forum/viewto … 38&p=2

Likes (0)

#407 Fri 19 Oct 12 9:22am

emajonga

Member since Mon 15 Oct 12

hie Jamie
why is it so necessary that making a marinade,we need to put enough lime or lemon ?what effect do the citrus fruit have upon marinade

Likes (0)

#408 Fri 19 Oct 12 6:14pm

zkhkathy

Member since Mon 15 Oct 12

I am study cook with a American chef ,i am a girl from china ,I am short so as a cook is diffucult for me . but i really  like cook ,my last wor is a translater foe a Spainish chef is why i like cook ,my qustion is how i can do the right way to improve my cook way some time i want give up that ,because my skin was broken by the hot oil ,many place .and i am sorry about my Enghlish is not good  oops

Likes (0)

#409 Sat 20 Oct 12 6:52am

RedfoxEstonia

Forum champ
Occupation museum guide in Tallinn Seaplane Hangars
From Tallinn, Estonia
Member since Tue 16 Mar 10

a desperate cry: Jamie you need to come to Tallinn Seaplane Harbour and teach some of our cooks to make a good-looking vegetarian lunch. We have a big problem with the fact others get warm lunch, vegetarians mostly get just cold green salad leaves without even a dressing! I have had to eat my own sandwitches for  several months cause even if there is a warm meal, it is some kind of monstrous unidentifiable casserole pile with gith grits, potatoes, and whatnot all mixed together. It seemed to get better at one point, but now it has lost all its appeal for good. Some cooks are good, an older woman and a young guy from a small island who learned cooking from his granny and really makes the dishes look nice as well. But the girl cooks... they sometimes just dont care. Maybe they dont have time. But it could be overcome with better planning. There is no excuse that vegetarians get a less nutritious meal when it costs as much and we work as much as the others. I am just unhappy with this, cause I have very little time as it is and I have to prepare my lunch for work as well... but without a warm meal I get dizzy and my blood pressure drops drastically. I think the rest of us, non-vegetarians need more vitamins and minerals from their lunch as well though. Maybe we need a thorough meal planning, what ingredients to use to compensate very long hours and darkness (the museum has very dimmed lighting, our eyes get bad and the head starts to hurt, need blueberries or something). There must be a way to get a nutritious, tasty, good-looking done for less than 10 people in a short time from fresh ingredients and sensible budjet. (yeah, I guess I am daydreaming).

What a long story. It is ok if you dont answer. I just needed to get this out again cause I am SO P***ED.

Likes (0)

#410 Sat 20 Oct 12 1:40pm

Jojo31

Member since Wed 12 Jan 11

Hi Jamie,

I`m from Germany. Here my Question:
Have you a great recipe of pastinake for me please?
I want to make these but I don`t know how.

Thank you for your help.

Many Greetings from Germany,

Jrg

Likes (0)