Best Regards
Bobby

Likes (0)

#462 Tue 06 Nov 12 7:43pm

megan_spry

Member since Tue 06 Nov 12

Re: Ask me a cooking question

hello.
when making the green tea salmon, can i change the salmon for cod, would it still be possible to make?! smile

Likes (0)

#463 Tue 06 Nov 12 8:34pm

Louisejanehanna

Member since Tue 06 Nov 12

Hi Jamie,

I have just bought your 15 minute meal book.  I have noticed that some of the recipes use single cream instead of double cream.  I have used this before in cooking and it splits so I'm worried that it will do so again.

Taking your gratin recipe as an example won't the cream split when it's in the oven?  How do I stop the cream from splitting in other recipes?

Thanks for the help.

Louise
Xx

Likes (0)

#464 Tue 06 Nov 12 8:49pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Louisejanehanna wrote:

Hi Jamie,

I have just bought your 15 minute meal book.  I have noticed that some of the recipes use single cream instead of double cream.  I have used this before in cooking and it splits so I'm worried that it will do so again.

Taking your gratin recipe as an example won't the cream split when it's in the oven?  How do I stop the cream from splitting in other recipes?

Thanks for the help.

Louise
Xx

I am not Jamie, just one of his disciples  wink

Whenever using single cream to add to a hot mixture, you must slowly heat the cream beforehand in a seperate pan and add it only when it reaches the same temperature as the already hot mixture....

Likes (0)

#465 Wed 07 Nov 12 3:27am

gmont

Member since Wed 07 Nov 12

Hi Jamie

WIth your quinoa, chicken and mango salad recipe in your new 15minute meal book...what can i substitute the mango with?? - my mum is diabetic and not allowed to eat mango due to the sugar content.

Thanks smile

Likes (0)

#466 Wed 07 Nov 12 3:38am

Maree

Forum champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Hi gmont and welcome to the forums wave

I'm not Jamie but why not try segmented orange? Avocado wouldn't go astray, either.

Hope this is of some use.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#467 Wed 07 Nov 12 4:22pm

JBA43

Hello! Im new to these forums but Ive watched Jamies show for along time. I have a question and its kind of a problem. Alot of your recipes require fresh Coriander, These meals look fabulous but my problem is, my wife is allergic to fresh Coriander. Is there a substitute for it that wont compromise the flavor to much?.

Thanks
Jarrod

Likes (0)

#468 Wed 07 Nov 12 4:47pm

carolkyg

Hi Jamie,
I tried making the Banana Pancake but I could not make the banana looks golden and crisp like you have done it. The banana came out from the pan looking limpy and mushy. Is there a tip /trick to do this correctly?

By the way, I am truly culinary challenged. Hence, I am currently attempting to cook 100 of your recipes in 6 months to confirm if anyone can really cook, if we try hard smile

I blog my cooking journal at www.myjamieoliverproject.blogspot.com

Likes (0)

#469 Thu 08 Nov 12 12:25am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

JBA43 wrote:

Hello! Im new to these forums but Ive watched Jamies show for along time. I have a question and its kind of a problem. Alot of your recipes require fresh Coriander, These meals look fabulous but my problem is, my wife is allergic to fresh Coriander. Is there a substitute for it that wont compromise the flavor to much?.

Thanks
Jarrod

There are a few things you can do. In some recipes it works just to leave it out. In others it can be replaced with parsley, basil or mint ie work out which soft fresh herb suits best, you might just have to try and see! cool

Likes (0)

#470 Thu 08 Nov 12 10:15am

leffeblond

From Werkhoven, The Netherlands
Member since Sun 19 Aug 07

Hi Jamie,

First: LOVE your work thumbsup , your recipes and your never ending motivation to make people love and eat better food.
Now my cooking problem: I can't get merinques right, I always overcook them. I want them to be sticky in the center, but how do I know when to get them out of the oven???
Hope you can help!
Keep up your great work!!!  clap
Kindest regards,
Joyce from the Netherlands.

Likes (0)