forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#81 Thu 07 Jun 12 10:55am

marricked

Member since Thu 07 Jun 12

Re: Ask me a cooking question

Hi mate,

What are your favourite, reasonably quick to make summer recipes?

And a quick question about curries - do you know if you are meant to fry the spices before adding any other ingredients? I've heard it's essential to do it however I don't want to make my curry too bitter by overcooking the spices. I occasionally upload pictures of what I've cooked to my Twitter (usually your recipes), feel free to follow me if you wish! www.twitter.com/ChrisRaperSmith

Hope you're well,

Chris

Last edited by marricked (Thu 07 Jun 12 11:11am)

Likes (0)

#82 Thu 07 Jun 12 11:03am

DCBlake

Hi! I'm new here. I'm a 21 year old with male with cooking as a hobby.  I'd want to learn how to make desserts and I'm thinking of making pie but I dont know how to bake. What kind of dessert are made by beginners. I'm thinking of pudding. Anyone has an easy recipe for pudding? And any advices for a successful first time at making pudding?

Likes (0)

#83 Thu 07 Jun 12 11:07am

RebeccaBourhill

Occupation Student wanna be chef
From Rustenberg, South Africa
Member since Mon 30 Aug 10

Debz13 wrote:

Hi Jamie, im doing a course at college, VRQ in Professional Cookery, and have an exam coming up in a couple of weeks, 1 dish we have to include is poached egg on a crouton, how can i make this different ? everyone on the course is talking about there going to do a hollandaise sauce, but i want to something totally different and surprise Chef, any ideas would be very useful, thankyou in advance  big_smile
Debbie

How much time do you have prepare the dish? I have a really nice sauce recipe I could send you if you would like to try it?

Last edited by RebeccaBourhill (Thu 07 Jun 12 11:09am)

Likes (0)

#84 Thu 07 Jun 12 11:13am

jci073

What's your earliest memory of food?

Likes (0)

#85 Thu 07 Jun 12 11:14am

marricked

DCBlake wrote:

Hi! I'm new here. I'm a 21 year old with male with cooking as a hobby.  I'd want to learn how to make desserts and I'm thinking of making pie but I dont know how to bake. What kind of dessert are made by beginners. I'm thinking of pudding. Anyone has an easy recipe for pudding? And any advices for a successful first time at making pudding?

Hi DCBlake - I used this recipe about a year ago and everyone in my family loved it - and it is really easy and simple to follow! www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/other-recip … f-puddings

Likes (0)

#86 Thu 07 Jun 12 11:15am

Debz13

Occupation Student
From Lancashire

RebeccaBourhill wrote:

Debz13 wrote:

Hi Jamie, im doing a course at college, VRQ in Professional Cookery, and have an exam coming up in a couple of weeks, 1 dish we have to include is poached egg on a crouton, how can i make this different ? everyone on the course is talking about there going to do a hollandaise sauce, but i want to something totally different and surprise Chef, any ideas would be very useful, thankyou in advance  big_smile
Debbie

How much time do you have prepare the dish? I have a really nice sauce recipe I could send you if you would like to try it?

Hi we have 3 hours to do 5 dishes, so probably could manage it if it doesnt take long
kind regards
Debz 13

Likes (0)

#87 Thu 07 Jun 12 11:33am

Ye Olde Cook

Hi Jamie,

A "back to basics" question(s) from me...

I'm currently perfecting the art of the perfect poached egg (both in cookedness and looks). What's your take on the following:

Pan - deep or shallow
Water - salted or unsalted, vinegar or plain
Whirlpool - yes or no
Insertion (ooh err!) - straight to pan, or into cup/saucer first
Timing (large egg) - ?

And any other tips? (eg, I'm currentlly putting the whole unbroken egg in for 20 secs, to start setting the albumen before breaking it)

Cheers!

big_smile

Likes (0)

#88 Thu 07 Jun 12 12:08pm

RebeccaBourhill

Debz13 wrote:

RebeccaBourhill wrote:

Debz13 wrote:

Debbie

Hi we have 3 hours to do 5 dishes, so probably could manage it if it doesnt take long
kind regards
Debz 13

you could double it if you need to. it evaporates to nothing. could I email it to you? my mom needs the computor you can go to my profile and you will see my email and send me your using that!

Likes (0)

#89 Thu 07 Jun 12 12:13pm

Debz13

Occupation Student
From Lancashire

RebeccaBourhill wrote:

Debz13 wrote:

RebeccaBourhill wrote:

kind regards
Debz 13

you could double it if you need to. it evaporates to nothing. could I email it to you? my mom needs the computor you can go to my profile and you will see my email and send me your using that!

It says your email is private hun

Likes (0)

#90 Thu 07 Jun 12 12:15pm

RebeccaBourhill

Debz13 wrote:

RebeccaBourhill wrote:

Debz13 wrote:

kind regards
Debz 13

It says your email is private hun

are you on facebook? I can send you a private message I think without being friends. I can do that on my phone! I have a profile pic of me riding a horse

Last edited by RebeccaBourhill (Thu 07 Jun 12 12:17pm)

Likes (0)