forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Fri 31 Aug 12 8:59pm

skyhgh77

Member since Fri 31 Aug 12

Hello. When will Jamie bring out a Vegetarian recipe/cook book?

Does anybody know if Jamie is going to release a vegetarian cook book any time soon?

I love meat, but desperately want a a Jamie book just with amazing vegetarian ideas

THank you x x x

Likes (0)

#2 Sat 01 Sep 12 2:07am

dhartley

Occupation Office Wallah
From Yorkshire / E Sussex
Member since Thu 15 Mar 12

Re: Hello. When will Jamie bring out a Vegetarian recipe/cook book?

I'm a meat eater but I often cook with meat substitutes as Im sure other forumers do. Lets unleash our vege recipes!

Likes (0)

#3 Sat 01 Sep 12 4:12pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Welcome to the forum skyhgh77
I use Instagram , a photo sharing site . Jamie Oliver is also an Instagram user and recently he has asked people to hashtag their pictures of fruit and veg to #jamieveg
some of those sent will be used for his new cookbook.. so I think one might be apearing at sometime.
have a look at the clip here..
http://www.mnn.com/health/fitness-well- … n-cookbook
Also check out his Instagram page ..
http://www.facebook.com/jamieoliver
In all Jamie Olivers books there are a number of vegetarian recipes , some contain Parmasan cheese , if you dont eat Parmasan because it is made in a nn-vegetarin manner then I am fairly sure that Waitrose sell a vegetrain Parmasan style cheese.

I am a vegetraian and I never cook with meat substitutes , to me the texture and taste of them are disgusting .
I can never understand why people will give up eating meat and then make a quest of buying or eating something that tries to immitate it.puke

Last edited by mummza (Sat 01 Sep 12 4:13pm)

Likes (0)

#4 Sun 02 Sep 12 7:58am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

I think in the past he's indicated that it's not something he'll do. A lot of his books are heavy on the vegetables so it's better than most; I've cooked for vegetarians from it.

Likes (0)

#5 Sun 02 Sep 12 2:31pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

I think from what I have read is that whilst there are many vegetarian recipes in the books that Mr. Oliver has written , they are not in one book , as far as I know these recipes are being gathered to make one book .

Likes (0)

#6 Sun 02 Sep 12 8:39pm

maddimouse

Forum champ
Occupation chatterbox addicted to cooking
From mid-west Germany
Member since Mon 23 Feb 09

Thatīs what I understood, too, mummza. I am hoping, though, that there will be new recipes, as well.

I have one problem when it comes to eating meat: itīs extremely expensive when you want to buy from organic farming, no matter whether it is chicken, pork, beef.... to give you an example: cheapest (and no good) whole chicken is about 2 Euros in the cheap supermarkets. A whole chicken of about acceptable quality starts around 7-8 Euros. Free range chicken from organic farming is about 20 Euros up!!!

I would love to use more meat from organic farming when cooking, but thatīs not in the budget, except I only cook meat once or twice a week. But that means I need a lot more ideas for vegetarian meals, and I donīt mean sides that are turned into mains, but REAL mains.

I am glad Jamieīs cookbooks contain a lot of veggie recipes, but when it comes to his (absolute correct) conviction to use as many ingredients as possible from organic farming AND that we really need to eat less meat it is just consequent to publish a veggie cookbook, this way people would be given even more ideas, suggestions, hints for veggie dishes and it might lead to people cooking more vegetarian dishes and in the consequence to be able to cook with meat from organic farming.

I know, cooking vegetarian or vegan doesnīt automatically mean that there is money left over, many times a dish with minced meat is cheaper than a whole veggie meal, but keeping an eye open on seasonal fruit and veg might help to get there.

Just my two cents.

Likes (0)

#7 Sun 14 Oct 12 12:54am

TattyTeddy1969

From Australia
Member since Sat 13 Oct 12

I too think a vegetarian cookbook would be good...love all his other books, so why not!

Likes (0)

#8 Mon 15 Oct 12 10:06pm

metteds

Member since Mon 15 Oct 12

Hi there.
I don`t know, but I hope it won`t be long.
We desperately need it  yikes)

Kind veggie regards
Mette D S

Likes (0)