forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Thu 25 Oct 12 6:22pm

iminei

Member since Thu 25 Oct 12

Magimix magitips??

Hi,
watching Jamie tonight on 15 min meals, he's whizzing up a fab sounding strog...however he's slicing the gherkins and onions through a magimix/kenwood blender type thing on slice.
Ok the gherkins i understand as he crams them in the tube standing up = lovely gherkin slices but onions??? I cant make onions fit in my ... kenwood chef... thingy's tube...its just not onion shaped...yet Jamie seems to get lovely thinly sliced onion rings out of his...tv trickery or am I doing something very wrong??? sad

Likes (0)

#2 Thu 25 Oct 12 7:33pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: Magimix magitips??

Welcome to the forum iminei smile

No your not doing anything wrong . I have to chop the onions into suitable sized pieces to fit into through the tube on my magimix.
Some magimix's ( the XL range )have a larger feed tube on the lid --and these might fit a smaller onion through .

My main tip for using a magimix's or other food processor is ... Leave it always on the kitchen work top/counter as that way it will be used often, once they go in a cupboard they are an effort to get out and so don't get used so often.

Likes (0)

#3 Thu 25 Oct 12 8:22pm

Maree

Forum champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Hi and welcome to the forums.

I second what Mummza has said. My bench space is tight and my Magimix does hide in a cupboard so I don't use it as much as I should/could.

Good luck and happy cooking  thumbsup

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#4 Mon 05 Nov 12 6:25pm

iminei

Member since Thu 25 Oct 12

Thanks all, sometimes I feel like I'm going mad...but its good to have confirmation I'm not!!  big_smile

Likes (0)