forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Thu 25 Oct 12 10:58pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

the warm kitchen corner - and the terrazza

are  soooo crowded with

sourdough jar rising for next bread loaf (the first one with the new yeast was not perfect but accettabile  cool  crossed

hopflowers infuse plus flour, making a batter to start a new panedifiori dry yeast

a big inox bowl with the last not exactly ripe figs, russet apples, 1 bought pear-orange-lemon, all sliced and mixed with sugar to make my second attempt at mostarda

but the rain is forecast for tomorrow so I went out in the dark to shelter a wheelbarrow of dry soil to plant bulbs in pots, so that the terrazza is crowded aswell with

empty pots
geraniums waiting to be stored in a greenhouse
the huge cardamom plant
the coffee plants, ginger, Benjamins, two hawaian climbing giants my daughter made starting from 1 leaf

and and and help  lol

Likes (0)

#2 Thu 25 Oct 12 11:31pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Re: the warm kitchen corner - and the terrazza

smile mada sounds like my own kitchen, sourdough had better raise as i need tear off handfuls to add to breads this week-end hmm they may be flat again but no matter smile

I have sheltered a few plants tonight, i have to shelter my lemon bush + another pretty plant, cant remember its name...they will be installed in the entry to my new house for the winter.

...and all my plants have to be transfered this winter to their new home, i have a beautiful wild geranium that will follow too...Ginkgo is worrying me help

Likes (0)

#3 Thu 25 Oct 12 11:50pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ

My new nipotina is coming again to stay with us for a while, and the hose will be full of passeggini, seggioloni, box, toys and all sorts of things she may need to feel at home, thus I must select the few fortunate plants that will be allowed to squeeze into the entry. Last yea there was just a corridoio free to reach the kitchen or the stairs to the bedrooms walking carefully near the green foresta

if I could think of the house I'd like, I would have inside the necessario for sleeping and eating, and all the rest meant to staying outside, working, resting, living cool  cool  cool  cool

Likes (0)

#4 Thu 25 Oct 12 11:52pm

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

My terrazza (come courtyard) is full of plants in pots that mostly made it through winter and now are crying out for attention: repotting, pruning, replacing, feeding. Every time I open the door, little plant voices are calling me imploringly!

On the kitchen bench it is dirty dishes scowling at me evil  evil  evil

Likes (0)

#5 Fri 26 Oct 12 8:25am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

My kitchen needs a good organise , the last few weeks have been a bit stressful and it took its toll on the kitchen , this week is now back to normal ( no more jury service ) and I have to manage to restore some sort of normality into the kitchen !

Garden is small and all has its place , almost no room to turn a wheelbarrow there Grandmadamada , but its a little haven in the middle of a city. We have a park opposite our house , that is good when my sons dog comes along to stay with us .

Likes (0)

#6 Fri 26 Oct 12 9:24am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ

smile  smile  smile  thumbsup

my eldest granddaughter talks about my "surroundings" as .... tutto un chaos .... with a sort of satisfaction and admiration oops  shocked I think I cannot have too much order otherwise I would delude her  wink  lol

Likes (0)

#7 Fri 26 Oct 12 1:24pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

I have no order Grandmadamada .. Just happy chaos ! lol

Likes (0)

#8 Fri 26 Oct 12 6:58pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ

that's it: happy chaos! brava mummza big_smile
I hope this is not a name for a band already

Likes (0)

#9 Wed 31 Oct 12 8:23am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ

I sometimes realize how crowded my kitchen corner must look like to the other family members
at present there is a bowl with strained grapes, to get a mosto, to get a yeast (crossed  cool ), a jar with sourdough ripening for tonight's bread or pizza, ordinary baker's bread and ............ nothin else
I think everything would rise if left there for a while,  the air itself being full of yeast wink  thumbsup  lol

Likes (0)