Jamie Oliver

forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sun 16 Dec 12 4:31am

jonathanne22

Member since Sun 16 Dec 12

I had no idea I could go this way to share what I know. Godbless.

Here I am, wanting to share what is inside on my mind about cooking. I am 22 years old and been cooking since I was 18 years old. I like to explore a wide range of ingredient and method and skills. What I was trying to look on is the traditional method of cooking and how they prepare dishes even though they do not have inadequate equipment but yet, having such a good meal. All this years I been expose to a luxurious cooking environment but still, my inner self bring me to the point where I could it is rubbish to treat food as if there's too much restriction on what to use or could not be use. For me, concept of cooking is about love, not about showing of, its about cooking entirely base on achieving what is best to an all day consume. I found Jamie is one of them, who take simplicity into something worth, something that deserve to be appreciates. The other thing is also about using fresh, I mean fresh is where you will still found pesticide on the vege that you grow because it is not a criminal to share with them what we eating.  lol  lol . I like cooking, as if my life were it, I like to explore others taste buds, what they have been eating since born, the food culture around them. It is best to know, what they prefer to eat, its like knowing someone to create a dish for someone. My culinary skills are mixed up, I read about middle east, who use spices, yogurt, mint, saffron, and then comes the asian, which influence the taste of strong pungent flavour from lemongrass, coriander, Chinese celery, ginger bud etc. yet I could say, the asian use more spices then the western country where wines are available to balance up the cooking base. There is a bunch of ingredient in the world that we can used to create a certain dish, so, appreciates them. appreciates even a small tiny little seeds, portion of spices and lots more. For me, the food ministry help to reduce the people that is consuming fast food more these days. I hope one day, I could work within the ministry to learn more and to give more and also work with Jamie, I am pretty sure lots of people does too. hahaha. till then, goodbye.

Likes (0)

#2 Thu 03 Jan 13 12:27pm

Merlin

Occupation Editorial assistant/general online chap
From London
Member since Wed 24 Oct 12

Re: I had no idea I could go this way to share what I know. Godbless.

Hi there,

Great to have you on the forum, and it's a pleasure to hear of your love for cooking and inspiration by Jamie. You sound like you're well on your way to building a good solid knowledge of many different foods, but should you need it there are a huge number of people on these forums who will be happy to help you with any cooking questions you may have - it's an amazing community.

There will be a lot more new Ministry news coming to the site this year, so keep your ear to the ground!

Best of luck, looking forward to hearing more from you and seeing you on the forums.

Thanks,
Merlin

Likes (0)

#3 Thu 03 Jan 13 9:29pm

Pakman

Forum champ
From Estonia
Member since Tue 06 Oct 09

whistle

Last edited by Pakman (Fri 04 Jan 13 10:45am)

Likes (0)

#4 Fri 04 Jan 13 2:15am

jonathanne22

Member since Sun 16 Dec 12

I am so sorry about that packman.
Thank you though. Have a happy cooking day ahead.
wink  smile

Likes (0)

#5 Fri 04 Jan 13 10:46am

Pakman

Forum champ
From Estonia
Member since Tue 06 Oct 09

No I'm sorry, I was feeling a little cheeky last night.
Edited the post so you can get your groove on  wink

Likes (0)