Jamie Oliver

forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Wed 09 Jan 13 1:28pm

BazC

Member since Sat 16 Feb 08

Jamie's Recipes App subscription?

I have a few points to make and a question so I'll try not to ramble too much!

First off let me say I bought Jamie's first Twenty Minute Meals app and then the Recipes app which followed for my iPod Touch and loved them both! Loads of great recipes, brilliant videos and excellent value.

Now the Recipes app has changed from allowing purchase of recipe packs to a subscription based system. This has created a lot of negative feedback on the app store as well as a lot of misinformation. Many people are complaining they they will have to pay a subscription to use the recipes they have already paid for which is nonsense! It was made quite clear that recipes you have already purchased will always be available to you regardless of whether you subscribe or not, plus you get three months free subscription which can't be bad! I received the new Everyday Heroes pack today which looks great, thanks!

Which brings me to my question - The recipes I have purchased are mine to keep - great - but what about those I receive through subscription? Are these only available as long as I subscribe and then disappear if I cancel my subscription? How's it going to work? If I cancel my subscription and then have to reinstall the app for any reason I can redownload the apps I have purchased but again what about those received by subscription? Does the subscription purchase the recipes permanently or does it merely rent them?

Thanks for any help!

Likes (0)

#2 Wed 09 Jan 13 7:08pm

BazC

Member since Sat 16 Feb 08

Re: Jamie's Recipes App subscription?

Apologies I have found my answer on the itunes description, the recipes will indeed disappear if your subscription expires! Not a good deal in my opinion, 20 a year to "rent" some recipes? I can't see many people agreeing to that. Pity, I hope you reconsider how the app works.

Likes (0)