forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Wed 30 Jan 13 4:43pm

crip106

Member since Wed 30 Jan 13

Do you listen to what celebrity chefs say?

Do you care when Jamie tells you what or how to eat? Or buy different food after watching his programmes? Whatever impact celebrity chefs have on the way you learn and eat food I would like to know.

I am a Phd student at King's College London writing a research project on celebrity chefs and food politics. As part of this I am conducting a survey asking people aboutthe power of celebrity to influence public knowledge and behaviour.

The survey takes around 20mins to complete, it doesn't have to be completed in one go, and there are prizes to be won from Ipod touch to Amazon vouchers. If you could spare any time to fill in a survey I would really appreciate it and please feel free to pass it on to anyone you know who would be able to fill it in!

You can fin the survey here....

http://celebritysurvey.co.uk

I have had permission from Merlin on the Editorial team to post this request. Thank you for your time. Christine.

Likes (0)

#2 Wed 30 Jan 13 5:03pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: Do you listen to what celebrity chefs say?

welcome to the forum crip106 big_smile

I am unable to get on any page to complete the survery , see it Merlin or Eric can add in a link for you so that will make it easy for forum members to get to the survey.

Likes (0)

#3 Wed 30 Jan 13 5:22pm

Merlin

Occupation Editorial assistant/general online chap
From London
Member since Wed 24 Oct 12

I've updated the link to include the full address - should be fine now. Thanks Mummza.

Likes (0)

#4 Wed 30 Jan 13 5:56pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

Botoxed if I'm gonna sign up and register an account though...could end up with an E-mail box full of Spam... mrgreen

Likes (0)

#5 Wed 30 Jan 13 6:03pm

crip106

Thanks melin!

Likes (0)

#6 Wed 30 Jan 13 6:04pm

crip106

Your email address is only kept for the prize draw and will be deleted once it has been drawn. I can't access anyone's email address so promise you won't get any spam, the only email you will ever get is an email to activate your account. Thanks!

Likes (0)

#7 Wed 30 Jan 13 6:34pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

crip106 wrote:

Your email address is only kept for the prize draw and will be deleted once it has been drawn. I can't access anyone's email address so promise you won't get any spam, the only email you will ever get is an email to activate your account. Thanks!

Yeah...I believe you.....

Don't you think your research might be somewhat biased in favour of what Celebrity Chefs do/say by getting your respondants from "Celebrity Chef" forums.....The people on here (Regulars anyway) are fairly clued up when it comes to cooking....

Perhaps you'd be better standing outside your local supermarket and asking people leaving to take the survey...

I'm sure you would get a more "Balanced" view..

Likes (0)

#8 Wed 30 Jan 13 6:36pm

BritFinn

Forum champ
Occupation Opiskelija
From Finland
Member since Thu 26 Aug 10

wine~o wrote:

crip106 wrote:

Yeah...I believe you.....

Don't you think your research might be somewhat biased in favour of what Celebrity Chefs do/say by getting your respondants from "Celebrity Chef" forums.....The people on here (Regulars anyway) are fairly clued up when it comes to cooking....

Perhaps you'd be better standing outside your local supermarket and asking people leaving to take the survey...

I'm sure you would get a more "Balanced" view..

clap  clap  clap  clap

Likes (0)

#9 Wed 30 Jan 13 10:06pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Not sure how/ why an Ethics Committee would approve a research tool that has an incentive and as another member has pointed out, has a "biased" sample think

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#10 Wed 30 Jan 13 10:47pm

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

It is quite common to have a prize for completing a survey, and there is some research projects that even give people a small financial reward for participating.

Having done research myself I can relate to the need to get people to respond, and I hope I get a chance to do this survey. In my case I support JO because he is such a great ambassador for the food philosophy I already have. I can't think of an instance where what he has said has changed my food choices (although I have been glad of his tips) so I can see that there would be a variety of opinions from people on this site, and many more if people post the link on fb etc. All valid!

And it is very good to see research being done on this topic! My only problem is that it is a such a (time/energy) investment to do the survey! cool

Likes (0)