Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Wed 13 Feb 13 3:28pm

Merlin

Occupation Editorial assistant/general online chap
From London
Member since Wed 24 Oct 12

Valentine's day tomorrow!

Hello everyone,

So, Valentine's day is tomorrow, and I'm really interested to know what foodies on the forums have got planned for their loved ones!

If you've not decided on what you'll be cooking yet we've put together a collection of ace Valentine's recipes here - http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/cate … tine-s-day

Let's hear your thoughts!

Likes (0)

#2 Wed 13 Feb 13 3:56pm

oliviascotland

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Wed 06 Apr 05

Re: Valentine's day tomorrow!

Nothing - my OH is away this week  lol   Had he been here, I would have made him some "coconut candy" in heart-shaped moulds to take to work ... and then cooked a slap-up meal in the evening (fillet steak with roasted vegetables, followed by chocolate mousse).  As it is, I'll have something out of the freezer and watch a DVD in front of the fire  lol

Likes (0)

#3 Wed 13 Feb 13 4:35pm

bentpenny

From CANADA
Member since Wed 09 May 07

I have not decided on what i will cook.  I have to decide soon.  Thanks Merlin for giving me some ideas.  I know Im making cheesecake stuffed strawberries and chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert.  Since my hubby is out ice fishing today, I will have time to prepare my meal tonight! yummy

Likes (0)

#4 Wed 13 Feb 13 5:07pm

Merlin

Occupation Editorial assistant/general online chap
From London
Member since Wed 24 Oct 12

bentpenny wrote:

I have not decided on what i will cook.  I have to decide soon.  Thanks Merlin for giving me some ideas.  I know Im making cheesecake stuffed strawberries and chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert.  Since my hubby is out ice fishing today, I will have time to prepare my meal tonight! yummy

A pleasure! Do let us know what you decide to go with (cheesecake-stuffed strawberries sounds absolutely fascinating, by the way - do you have a recipe for it?).

Likes (0)

#5 Wed 13 Feb 13 5:18pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

What??? it's Valentines day tomorrow???

Why the 14th of February this year???
shocked

Likes (0)

#6 Wed 13 Feb 13 9:12pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Ah... Valentines day .. I'm half organised , got  a card, bought him some chocolates .

sort of got a meal planned in my head .... lamb shanks with a herb mash and some roasted vegetables ( chilly weather here and heating broken so a nice warming meal )
If not lamb shanks it will be a rose veal steak with saute potatoes and a mix of vegetables.
served on heart shaped plates of course.

possibly a tarte au pomme for dessert or a tarte au citron I have not decided yet , either way it they will be indervidual tarts that are heart shaped .
I still need to go and buy that single red rose , will do that in the morning.
I have a couple of strings of  hearts to put up as well .

big_smile

Last edited by mummza (Wed 13 Feb 13 9:14pm)

Likes (0)

#7 Wed 13 Feb 13 9:16pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k

mummza wrote:

Ah... Valentines day .. I'm half organised , got  a card, bought him some chocolates .

sort of got a meal planned in my head .... lamb shanks with a herb mash and some roasted vegetables ( chilly weather here and heating broken so a nice warming meal )
If not lamb shanks it will be a rose veal steak with saute potatoes and a mix of vegetables.
served on heart shaped plates of course.

possibly a tarte au pomme for dessert or a tarte au citron I have not decided yet , either way it they will be indervidual tarts that are heart shaped .
I still need to go and buy that single red rose , will do that in the morning.
I have a couple of strings of  hearts to put up as well .

big_smile

Do tell about your broken heating...I might be able to help..if not I'll probably know someone who can...

Likes (0)

#8 Wed 13 Feb 13 10:07pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k

Diverter valve/3 way valve...assuming you have a hot water cylinder (Immersion tank) and a system boiler...and the hot water works but the heating doesn't.....

Thing is the parts are going to be 100 ish....plus fitting.... shocked

Nothing wrong with an "Old boiler" though...the modern ones have a life expentancy of give/take 10 years yikes  shocked

Likes (0)

#9 Wed 13 Feb 13 10:22pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k

mummza wrote:

old boiler must be around 30 years old and now well past its prime its been tempermental and nursed along for years,
part that will need changing is external o our boiler so should be strait forward but take time getting the part.
think we'd best remove the boiler posts so the thread keeps on track for Merlin.

Start a new thread in "Leftovers"..... wink

Edit...apologies to Merlin and any other romantics out there...

Last edited by wine~o (Wed 13 Feb 13 10:24pm)

Likes (0)

#10 Thu 14 Feb 13 2:46pm

elementsresto

Occupation Consulting
From New York
Member since Mon 04 Feb 13

Haven't decide as to what I'll be putting in my menu for this valentines. I was planning to cook something for my girlfriend but I've been very busy this last few days. Maybe I'll just bring her in a restaurant tomorrow.

Likes (0)