forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sat 02 Mar 13 9:33pm

fasulo

Member since Sat 02 Mar 13

gluten -free bread & Fish cakes

Hello,
im new.
I need help to cook gluten-free bread (corn, barley, whatever...) but gluten-free as both me and my 7 years old  daughter have serious allergies and intollerances.
I tried and tied over and over again but the bread i cook looks like....well i need to throw it away...

Also  my daughter need to eat fish and it seems like in any way i make it its not good enough.

I am frustrated very much! My daughter is also sick and in need to eat, trout or salmon or cod.
Tried to coat the cod in corn flour (really fine one) i loved it she hated it.
Tried with trout in oven with salt and parsley and lemon....she hated it, i loved it.  I would love to try some fishcakes and vegs in  it, so she won`t smell or taste fish, but i cannot find a nice recepy for it.

Any advice?

What about rice bread? We are allowed ONE cereal per time, not a mix. We use instant yeast and grapeseed oil, salt and water. Comes out horrible!!!!!   Corn bread? I love corn, she does it too but i cannot make a nice softy bread with it....!!!! JAMIE HELP !!! many thanks annamaria fasulo

Likes (0)

#2 Sat 02 Mar 13 10:09pm

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

Re: gluten -free bread & Fish cakes

Welcome Fasulo...

http://www.jamieoliver.com/forum/viewto … 81&p=1

Is "THE" gluten free thread, read it all at your leisure...in the meantime it's never a cunning plan to post personal stuff on a forum like phone numbers...I've reported your post so's the mods/admin can remove your details ...

Likes (0)

#3 Sun 03 Mar 13 4:41am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

On the fish front try just pan frying after coating lightly in rice flour with salt and pepper. If that doesn't work then maybe talk to a dietitian for advice, they may have another suggestion such as supplements if she won't eat it.

Likes (0)

#4 Sun 03 Mar 13 5:21pm

cannyfradock

Occupation Builder (bricklayer/ stonemason)
From S.Wales.
Member since Sat 10 Oct 09

Hello Fasulo.....welcome to the JO forum.

There are many people who post on this forum who have allergies and intolerance's in their diet so as well as the responses already  posted, I do hope you get further feedback.

One blog from a vegan from Taunton England is very active in his blog diary and posts many recipes for gluten free etc....including many easy to follow bread recipes. This chap (Paul Youd) does a lot in his local community introducing people to vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and special diet foods and breads. His blog is worth a visit.. http://nobreadisanisland.blogspot.co.uk/

I hope you find the answers to your questions....

Terry

Likes (0)