Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Thu 07 Mar 13 3:52pm

Fatjad32

Member since Mon 31 Dec 12

Has anyone ever been on a cruise?

Hi everybody,
Has anyone ever been on a cruise before?
I want to know as i am going away on the p&o ventura soon.
i know that there is a marco pierre white restaraunt onboard.
Is there any restaraunt onboard i must go to? is there anything that i must try?
Any help will be greatly appreciated,
Thanks, Jad. big_smile

Likes (0)

#2 Thu 07 Mar 13 6:10pm

MarielH

Forum champ
Occupation Retired youngster but keeping busy!!
From Scotland
Member since Sun 14 Dec 08

Re: Has anyone ever been on a cruise?

You will so enjoy a cruise Fatjad.  Go with a totally open mind as everyone has different ideas of how they like to spend a holiday.  I had to greatly persuade my husband to go on 5 night Royal Carribean cruise in Carribean two years ago but we both so enjoyed.  Felt rather overwhelmed by daily bulletin which listed all activities - but really you can do lots or nothing. 

Your cruise sounds great with a Marco Pierre White restaurant but sure all the others will be great too and self service buffet if you don't feel like getting dressed up!  Enjoy!! smile

Likes (0)

#3 Fri 08 Mar 13 11:21am

Sandy

Forum champ
From Durban South Africa
Member since Thu 24 Jun 04

Agree with Marie.... We did the Greek Island Cruise a few years back and it was great.  There is always so much to do and if you like you can do the day excursions while docked either during the day or of an evening.

Likes (0)

#4 Fri 08 Mar 13 12:11pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Not my thing, I'm afraid ...

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#5 Fri 08 Mar 13 2:22pm

Thistledo

Occupation Retired something or other
From English immigrant in S. Wales
Member since Fri 07 Dec 12

No thanks!

Likes (0)

#6 Fri 08 Mar 13 4:39pm

elementsresto

Occupation Consulting
From New York
Member since Mon 04 Feb 13

I always fantasize being on cruise. It's quite freaky since I don't know how to swim but I just love the idea actually being on a cruise. Enjoying the trip and indulging on best food and services and meeting new people as well. I think that is really exciting.

Likes (0)

#7 Sat 09 Mar 13 9:25pm

MarielH

Forum champ
From Scotland

Maree wrote:

Not my thing, I'm afraid ...

My husband thought so too Maree til he tried it.  Really you can still very much do your own thing - also great value
smile

Likes (0)

#8 Sun 10 Mar 13 12:25am

Miss GlutenFree

Occupation Admin Officer & Mum
From Queensland, Australia
Member since Sun 14 Mar 10

I have been on two and loved them both so no doubt you will have a great time.

Mariel has the best advice though - go with an open mind. Be willing to try new dishes just because you can (don't turn your nose up at the buffet either, their food is just as good), drink every cocktail that you possibly can because they are cheap and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

It's definitely an experience and the outcome will depend on how much (or little) you want to do to make it that much better. Personally, afternoon drinks on the lounge chairs with mates and a good book (and a camera to document everyone's madness) is the best way to end a day / begin the night smile

Likes (0)

#9 Sun 10 Mar 13 9:47am

MarielH

Forum champ
From Scotland

Another thing we did - and this might seem unsociable to some - booked a table for two.  If you are at table for 8 - thought you might end up beside people you had absolutely nothing in common with for a whole week.  Friends of ours had on another occasion had to be asked to be moved after two nights.

This is something we never regretted as we still at breakfast had other travellers come to sit with us and got chatting - they were mainly from the US smile

Likes (0)

#10 Tue 12 Mar 13 2:37pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Fatjad32 , its always best that you stick to writing about one topic on a single thread rather than start other threads about the same topic.
maybe its best you delete the other thread and just continue here.

Likes (0)