forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Tue 12 Mar 13 12:35pm

Danny

Jamie's Better Food Foundation
From Jamie's Office
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

WA Taste Master - Best job in the world?

Hello everyone,

For the last two years I have been a very lucky lad indeed as I have been flown out to WA in Aus to speak at conferences on Fifteen and San Patrignano. It's been lovely to be home to catch up with family and friends and also I have so very much appreciated learning more about spending time in Western Australia. As you know Aus is a big old country and when I lived there I spent all of my time in either Melbourne or the Gold Coast. I am now an ardent fan of WA and all that it has to offer in terms of food, wine and of course stunning scenery.

In a few weeks time I will be flying back to WA to go foraging in the wilderness with a graduate from Fifteen and a Chef from San Patrignano (more about this later...). Today I learnt about a pretty special competition that is being run where you can stand a chance to "Eat your way around WA" - check out the details below - pretty exciting stuff I say! Please feel free to pass on this info to all of your family and friends who you think may be interested in applying. Good luck!

Cheers from Danny

Job name:  Taste Master

Duties:
•    Eat your way around the state
•    Forage out the finest produce
•    Uncover the best bars and restaurants
•    Blog about your experiences

The role will be based in Western Australia’s vibrant capital city Perth. However, the lucky candidate will follow the sun and travel the length and breadth of the State from the tropical north, home to delicacies such as pearl meat and barramundi, to the Mediterranean south, famous for its boutique wineries in Margaret River. Western Australia accounts for about 3% of Australia’s total wine exports but produces almost 25% of the country’s premium wine.

Job description:   
If you have a palette for all things tasty, we have a job that will appeal to your senses.

Western Australian is known for its fresh produce, gourmet cuisine, world-class vineyards and quality micro-breweries.

We’re searching for a Taste Master, someone with a passion for the study of food, who will be responsible for promoting the extraordinary produce from across Western Australia. You will tour the best restaurants, wineries, breweries, pubs and lobster eateries, while also heading off the beaten path to catch some of the freshest seafood on our undiscovered coastline.

You’ll also master the art of wine and beer making along with discovering finest indigenous delicacies.

Package:
This six month contract comes with a package worth AUD$100,000 (approximately £67,380).

It’s a tough job, but someone’s got to do it and it may as well be you.  Applications must be received by 10 April so apply today at www.facebook.com/AustralianWorkingHoliday or  www.australia.com/best-jobs.aspx

Likes (0)

#2 Tue 12 Mar 13 2:32pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: WA Taste Master - Best job in the world?

sour pending trip sounds excitig Danny .....as does that job , I have passed the details onto a  friend

Likes (0)