Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sat 16 Mar 13 4:45pm

the.j.dog

Member since Sat 16 Mar 13

food grade syringe..?

I'm trying to find a decent food grade syringe, with 1/10th ml increments, so no more than about 5mls, for making home made soft drinks... the essences need to be not only small amounts, but really quite exact! Anyone know of a small scale and precise food grade syringe online?

Cheers

Likes (0)

#2 Sat 16 Mar 13 8:45pm

hippytea

Occupation Chief cook and bottle-washer
From Scotland
Member since Mon 12 Sep 11

Re: food grade syringe..?

Go to a pharmacist and ask for a syringe for measuring kids' medicines. They usually measure up to 5ml. Mine only has increments of 0.5ml but it's a straight cylinder so it would be easy to add intermediate marks. Mine came with a bottle of kids' Nurofen but they can probably sell you one separately, as they keep them for babies, who get tiny doses of Paracetamol when they get their jags.

These syringes obviously have to be both food grade, and very accurate, as they are used for measuring doses of drugs.

Make sure they realise you only want a dosing syringe - not a hypodermic!

Last edited by hippytea (Sat 16 Mar 13 8:47pm)

Likes (0)

#3 Sun 17 Mar 13 3:27am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

You could try a laboratory supply company that does glass syringes. Or medical supply company with hospital syringes. You usually have to opt in for a needle attached to the syringe.

Likes (0)

#4 Sun 17 Mar 13 11:45am

hippytea

Occupation Chief cook and bottle-washer
From Scotland
Member since Mon 12 Sep 11

The kids' syringes I'm talking about are plastic, and have no needle, just a nozzle. They're for measuring.

Likes (0)