forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Fri 14 Jun 13 11:31am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

What's on the Menu at your local McDonalds ?

This is pure curiosity !

I don't go into McDonalds fast food restaurants  but I do k ow that the menu,s vary from country to country.
Today there is an article in a French paper that talks about just this.

I thought it would be interesting to look at the differences in the McDonalds fast food restaurants  menus in the different countries that we live in.

I do know that in France , some g
Have cafes attached that serve fresh squeezed orange juice and macaroons as a couple of  years ago in Nice My darling bought macaroons for our daughter .

I know that my darling who loves McDonalds burgers and McFlurry's always tries to visit a McDonalds fast food restaurant when he's away in a different country. ( this might not be happening quite so much now he's retired and I can travel with him ! lol )

I'm interested to see how the menus vary .

Likes (0)

#2 Fri 14 Jun 13 1:35pm

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

Re: What's on the Menu at your local McDonalds ?

Our ones occasionally run an Aussie burger with beetroot. To be honest I don't really know what they do beyond the things they have always done as for at least the last decade of my life it has been road trip only food. It's a relatively reliable choice when traveling as other food businesses on our major arterials can be dodgy or even worse healthwise. Being gluten free I can only eat the chips so on my twice yearly visit I rarely look at the menu.

Likes (0)

#3 Fri 14 Jun 13 2:24pm

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

The McDonalds in  the Canadian maritimes provinces carry the mclobster.  Their version of the lobster roll sandwich.

The Universe is alive and self aware. 
Need proof?
Look in a mirror.
    Likes (0)

#4 Fri 14 Jun 13 2:50pm

mr spice

Forum champ
Occupation Working dad...
From Germany
Member since Sat 05 Sep 09

Driving from Munich to Frankfurt last week with a colleague and she need a rest break. I bought a wrap at McD's as it was the healthiest looking option. Tasty enough...

Likes (0)

#5 Fri 14 Jun 13 4:07pm

Maree

Forum champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

I don't set foot in them but they have cafes with baristas, fresh juice, macarons, croissants etc. Salads etc in the "restaurants" as well as "the usual".

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#6 Fri 14 Jun 13 6:07pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

I don't go in them either Maree .

It was in Le Figaro this morning that the McDonalds try to tailor a menu country they are in and were introducing pasta into the Italian McDonald 's restaurants.

Ashen ... A mcLobster ! ...we never see the like of that in the UK !

I think I was told that there is a McDonalds cafe in London that sells freshly squeezed orange juice but I haven't heard it sells macaroons.

Likes (0)

#7 Fri 14 Jun 13 6:53pm

sergio1972

Forum champ
Occupation NLP Trainer and Coach
From Portugal
Member since Tue 09 Dec 08

The last time I went to a McDonalds was probably 6 months ago and I noticed that they offer a variety of soups, salads and fruit salad for dessert.
They also have orange juice, but I dont think its completely fresh. I think its more like those concentrated pulps.
Anyway, I did notice that the offer looks "less unhealthy" than before.
Oh and they're green now mrgreen

Likes (0)

#8 Sat 15 Jun 13 4:49am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

Ours have macaroons too. They got very trendy with masterchef.
they've done rather dried out and expensive salads for years. I think they do the healthy stuff to get people in the door where they buy their usual burgers instead.

Likes (0)

#9 Sat 15 Jun 13 1:25pm

koukouvagia

Forum champ
From New York
Member since Fri 12 Dec 08

Here in the US they sell the McRib.

Likes (0)

#10 Sat 15 Jun 13 1:54pm

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

LOVE the McRib ( I am ashamed to admit ). 

Here there are McD's that do different things by region.  When I lived in Virginia years ago they had fried chicken wings and pizza. They also delivered!  It was near the Navy base so I am guessing  they wanted to get as much business as they could from the guys/gals that couldn't leave.

Breakfast is mostly savory with a few sweet items. Biscuits with sausage or bacon, eggs and cheese. You can also get the Egg Mcmuffin. Same as the biscuits but with an english muffin.

Lot's of burgers that all taste the same to me.  The Big Mac, Quarter Pounder, etc.  Some salads and chicken sandwiches.

I did visit a McD's in Paris. Loved the breakfast.  Smaller menu and with the exception of a few of the burgers everything was different.  The large drink in Paris is a medium here.

Likes (0)