forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Fri 12 Jul 13 7:51pm

JosephBrown23

Member since Fri 12 Jul 13

food processors

Hello everyone:

I am doing some research on my favorite topic...food processors! I would like to ask that everyone let me know what their favorite model food processors are, why you love them, and how long you have been using your food processor. Thank you in advance for your help.

Joseph Brown
Gainesville, Florida

Last edited by JosephBrown23 (Fri 12 Jul 13 7:52pm)

Likes (0)

#2 Fri 12 Jul 13 11:44pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Re: food processors

Magimix 5200 ... Motor, three bowls ... Used Magimixes since the 1980s. This is my third. Have either gifted or sold the previous ones. Love them. Use for both work and for family.

Welcome to the forums. Good luck with your research.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#3 Sat 13 Jul 13 2:29am

Cindy

Forum champ
Occupation Registered Nurse
From Adelaide, OZ
Member since Tue 03 Aug 04

I'd definitely go for a magi mix. Fantastic machines.

Likes (0)

#4 Sat 13 Jul 13 4:03am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

Don't get Beeville or Kenwood. I've got a mini processor attachment on my Cuisinart blender. It is great. So next big processor will be magimix or Cuisinart

Likes (0)

#5 Sat 13 Jul 13 2:20pm

Sandy

Forum champ
From Durban South Africa
Member since Thu 24 Jun 04

I've had my Kenwood for 15 years and its great.

Last edited by Sandy (Sat 13 Jul 13 2:21pm)

Likes (0)

#6 Sat 13 Jul 13 2:44pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

My old Braun was an appliance miracle - still working after 22 years.  The only problem was the stand for holding the cutting discs broke when using it to grate hard cheese.  We replaced it once, then could no longer get the part the second time as the model isn't made anymore. sad

Likes (0)

#7 Sat 13 Jul 13 2:52pm

JosephBrown23

Member since Fri 12 Jul 13

Thanks everyone for the responses so far. Does anyone have any experience, positive or negative, with Kitchen Aid model food processors? So far, I have seen a great deal of problems with Kitchen Aid processors, however I actually own the Kitchen Aid KFP0711 and have had great experience. Any thoughts?

Thanks again for the insights...this is really helpful to me.

Likes (0)

#8 Sat 13 Jul 13 4:47pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Welcome to the forum JosephBrown23 smile

I've also used Magimix's since the 80's and could not manage without one !

Are you meaning Kitchen Aid stand mixers Joe ? I love mine and if used correctly they are great machines , unlike most other stand mixers they run on a series of gears .
My Kitchen Aid stand mixer is also something I would not be wthout .

Likes (0)

#9 Sat 13 Jul 13 4:49pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

MsPablo wrote:

My old Braun was an appliance miracle - still working after 22 years.  The only problem was the stand for holding the cutting discs broke when using it to grate hard cheese.  We replaced it once, then could no longer get the part the second time as the model isn't made anymore. sad

have you had a look on ebay MsP ?

Likes (0)

#10 Sat 13 Jul 13 11:02pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Thanks mummza, I will check with MrP who did the researching for the part.  I'm pretty sure he exhausted all avenues.  We bought another food processor in the meantime, but haven't had the heart to get rid of the old one yet.  The new one is CuisineArt and I would say it's adequate or sort of meh . . . it has one of the sharpest and most dangerous chopping blades . . .  when soapy and wet - it sliced us both badly . . . just short of trips to the ER, so the rule now is, no hand-washing of the blade - it must go in the dishwasher.  In fact, do not buy this machine if you don't have a dishwasher.  It's much too dangerous to wash by hand.

Likes (0)