forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Mon 16 Sep 13 1:05pm

Merlin

Occupation Editorial assistant/general online chap
From London
Member since Wed 24 Oct 12

Fish on Money Saving Meals tonight

Hey all, it's that time of the week again - Jamie's Money Saving Meals will be on Channel 4 at 8pm. It's all about fish this week (based around a gorgeous roast salmon, which you can see in advance here - http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fish … ast-salmon).

Let me know your thoughts afterwards!

M x

Likes (0)

#2 Mon 16 Sep 13 2:43pm

@nGoose1

Forum champ
Occupation Shop worker/KP/ Commis chef
From UK/Germany
Member since Wed 28 Oct 09

Re: Fish on Money Saving Meals tonight

Will look forward to it, Salmon is a fish I like. I like it wild and healthy. Twice a year perhaps special occasions. Other cheaper wild fish are worth cooking with I hope they get a mention. My worry is farmed fish is on the menu.
Sorry for being early, another comment after the programme.

Likes (0)

#3 Tue 17 Sep 13 12:35am

@nGoose1

Forum champ
From UK/Germany

Wicked One, That Salmon was not from Tesco's that's for sure.
Salmon Filo pie , genius idea.
But the wings are on for tomorrow, I bought some reduced price, came home and saw the programme. Straightening the wings out, that's another great idea.  Wings are a good investment, flavour and price, free range are still cheap. 30p each in Tesco. Equally as cheap in a butchers, better quality perhaps?
A great show, glad to see some blue cheese on the burger. Ugborough Blue if you can get your hands on it or Dorset Blue Viney, they rock. If you visit London check out Neals Yard, its the best cheese shop in the world- it has the best UK cheeses, some amazing blue ones.. Dorset Knobs and Blue Viney, putting blue viney on your knob, trust!

Likes (0)

#4 Tue 17 Sep 13 2:13pm

@nGoose1

Forum champ
From UK/Germany

Wings are on , I off back to the kitchen , smelling of five spice.

Likes (0)

#5 Tue 17 Sep 13 2:33pm

oliviascotland

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Wed 06 Apr 05

That fish looked delicious, and I'll certainly be giving it a go with the rosemary.  Funnily enough, I cooked something similar for a large group recently, and the meal worked out fairly cheaply - about £1.40 a head, too.  I did like the idea of the filo pastry fish pie with the leftovers - but would have to think of something gluten-free to do, which would then probably raise the cost.  I also liked the idea of the lamb burgers - might have to try that one, too - substituting grilled portabella mushrooms for the buns, though!

Likes (0)

#6 Tue 17 Sep 13 3:51pm

@nGoose1

Forum champ
From UK/Germany

Chicken Wings ,Proper Job!
Seriously good.

Likes (0)