forum: Campaigns and Community

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Tue 24 Jun 14 9:34am

user2014

Occupation student
From kuklen,plovdiv,bulgaria
Member since Sun 05 Jan 14

what do you cook at summer...

i feel that i am out of ideas and need a good inspirational recipes to try,what do you often cook at summer,is it easy to make. do you make icecream at home,any bbq ideas...

enjoying cooking easy and fast...
    Likes (0)

#2 Sat 05 Jul 14 7:22am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: what do you cook at summer...

We eat quite a lot of salads and also BBQ when the weather is better.
I do like to do quite a lot of outdoor cooking usually but this year so far I have done none as we've been very busy .

If I am outdoor cooking it could be using my tagine which I put on a small pot of smouldering charcoal caller a Majmar . In the tagine I cook anything , it  could be a meat or a vegetable dish , or maybe a curry , or I might just cook slices of peppers .

My BBQ is a little St Lucia Coal pot and this is extreemly versatile , I mostly place it on  table to cook .

Likes (0)

#3 Sat 05 Jul 14 7:45am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

BBQ'd seafood and salads. Occasionally, if my son is visiting, he'll do steak or lamb chops for himself.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#4 Sat 05 Jul 14 11:46am

Miss GlutenFree

Occupation Admin Officer & Mum
From Queensland, Australia
Member since Sun 14 Mar 10

Cold meat and salads, smoked chicken, simple stirfrys are always good, rice paper rolls with meat & veggies in them, wraps... I live in a tropical climate so cook a lot of summery things. Bbq is very popular here.

Likes (0)

#5 Sun 06 Jul 14 4:02pm

@nGoose1

Forum champ
Occupation Shop worker/KP/ Commis chef
From UK/Germany
Member since Wed 28 Oct 09

My coffee barista and Café were on this last time I was having a coffee.
Soup sales down, I recommended Gazpacho. They were on a salmon dill tart trip.
Things get a lot lighter in my kitchen, sallads cous cous. Ottolenghi has some amazing ideas. Jamies ideas for summer sing out.
I had a fish curry on Friday, using a Patak Balti paste, onion, garlic and coconut milk. So simple with a nice salad.
A lamb chop with braised Chard pea and fennel (a little orange juice and butter).

Likes (0)

#6 Mon 07 Jul 14 7:50pm

user2014

Occupation student

thanks alot.gazpacho isnt a bad idea i have not eating it since the last year,you are great guys thank you,lovely ideas...

Likes (0)

#7 Mon 14 Jul 14 10:27am

Abby M

Occupation Community Manager
From Jamie Oliver HQ
Member since Sat 15 Mar 14

Those recipes sound wonderful @nGoose1 !

It is al fresco food and barbecue month for our editorial team this July so keep your eyes peeled in our features section for exclusive recipes and tips.

The all time top 10 BBQ tips: http://www.jamieoliver.com/news-and-fea … -bbq-tips/

Ultimate guide to smoking from meat man Steve Lamb: http://www.jamieoliver.com/news-and-fea … q-smoking/

And this smoked chicken tacos recipe http://www.jamieoliver.com/news-and-fea … lsa-verde/

Likes (1)

#8 Mon 14 Jul 14 8:57pm

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

those tacos look good although I would have to switch out the cilantro for parsley in the salsa verde.    That much evil weed would have me tasting soap for a week.

Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or a cook.  { cowboy saying}
    Likes (0)

#9 Tue 15 Jul 14 8:40pm

user2014

Occupation student

yep,tacos are brilliant idea.today i got pasta with vegetables,btw,guys i bought three or four packets of pasta and they said that i was buying too much.we eat little pasta.but tomorrow i want to try a quick tomato soup with pasta and or maybe pasta salad.also i will be eating a italian sandwich for breakfast.[i will be doing a thread on italian cuisine,stay tuned...].

Likes (0)

#10 Wed 16 Jul 14 10:22am

Miss GlutenFree

Occupation Admin Officer & Mum
From Queensland, Australia
Member since Sun 14 Mar 10

Abby, those tacos are drool worthy!! Must try them out this weekend.

Ashen - can't believe you dislike cilantro/coriander. Funny how you either love it or hate it. Me, I LOVE it!

Likes (0)