forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#61 Wed 01 Jun 05 1:20pm

dany71

From Rome
Member since Wed 01 Jun 05

Re: Welcome to the forums!

Hi! My name is Daniela. I live in Rome...Lived in London for 5 yrs and loved it soooo much! I just would like to know, Jamie, if your show is going to be on again on our satellite TV (SKY). I miss your cooking soooo much! You can tell you've been working with Italians  lol !!! I love your cooking cos it s simple....and you have stimulated me to make delicious dishes....and to put on 7kg (thanx for that  :twisted: ).
Always your fan!

dani

Likes (0)

#62 Wed 01 Jun 05 7:08pm

daleclean

From Nuneaton
Member since Wed 01 Jun 05

8) Hi Jamie.
       I've just baked some bread from one of your books, and it's great. I got the original ingredients from Delia Smith, but it's all the same anyway.
        Thanks.

Likes (0)

#63 Fri 03 Jun 05 7:02am

Brian P. Mulroney

From Chicago
Member since Mon 30 May 05

Hello Jamie,

I had always enjoyed "dabbling" in food preparation but was always intimidated by it.  But when I started watching "Oliver's Twist" I began to understand that even hobbysts like myself should feel comfortable with cooking.

Subsequently, I have four of your books (all great), have a fresh herb box on my back porch and have taken cooking and knife skills classes.

I'm still by no means a gourmet chef...and probably never will be...but thank you for inspiring me to move in that direction.

Brian

Likes (0)

#64 Fri 03 Jun 05 5:00pm

Jemaddo

From Nottingham
Member since Fri 03 Jun 05

Hi Jamie
I am your 1 No. Fan 8)  from Nottingham (Robin Hood Country :!: ).
I am getting all of your cookbooks.
I really enjoy cooking and have been cooking since I was old enough. I watch all all your programs and love them :!:

Hope you reply big_smile ,
Jack

Likes (0)

#65 Fri 03 Jun 05 5:57pm

ThomasZ

From MÃÃâ

I just want you to know, how much I was impressed about the people in your restaurant in London (fifteen), and of course of the food.
I didn't know that you have such a heart for young people, and give them a chance to do better. And you teach them very well.

But what I most like, is that you give BOZOs like me the encouragement to cook for friends and family. And you explain so much about food and preparation, that it makes it easy to follow. I love it.

Thanks for everything!

Thomas

Likes (0)

#66 Fri 03 Jun 05 6:11pm

Mezzyann

From Surrey

Hi Jamie,
         I'm ashamed to say that despite having three children under 11 I have never really been interested in cooking and for the vast majority of the time my children were fed chicken nuggets, chicken burgers and not much fruit and veg.
   I had no real love for veg myself and thanks to being a single parent for the last three years there was never really much money to go and buy what I deemed to be expensive healthy food.
   Then things changed my life and my kids diets. I got a job at my daughters school as a midday supervisor where my mother is the school caterer, around about the time your school dinner show was airing the first time and boy was she mad at you mate!!!
    I live in Surrey and the school meals are provided by the local authority who are fantastic.  For ten years my mum has baked home made bread, prepared the desserts on site and there is always a wide range of alternative puddings like fruit, yogurt and cheese and biscuits.  Every care is taken to make sure the children get a healthy, balanced hot, freshly made meal every day.
   Of course your show went out (which I wasn't watching) and suddenly parents were ringing the school all demanding to know what their children were being fed and my mum went from being your biggest fan to cursing when ever she heard your name.
   I managed to catch your programme when they repeated it and I loved it. It made me laugh, it made me cry and it made me speechless. The chicken nuggets in the freezer got fed to the dog and I learnt that if I walk into town on a saturday and go to the market I can get tonnes of fruit and veg for only a tenner.
    The local butcher has reported a massive increase in customers to me since your wonderful series was aired, all of them mothers trying to improve their childrens eating habits. All of them just like me.
    I was never taught to cook but I've realised it's all about imagination and going with the flow and now my children enjoy much healthier meals. As for working in the school, that's taught me that some children are fussy eaters but most of them if you help and encourage them will at least try it. And most of the time much to their surprise, they actually like it.
    So a huge thank you Jamie and I love the site. Keep up the good work and take care of you and yours.
Love Mary  lol x

Likes (0)

#67 Sat 04 Jun 05 3:16am

toranaman

From Australia - Tasmania
Member since Thu 28 Apr 05

hey jamie can u email me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz my email address is *********

Cheers jamie
From Geoffrey Winstone

Likes (0)

#68 Sat 04 Jun 05 3:30pm

ecaterina

From Romania

ciao, Jamie!

hello,jamie. i live in Romania and here is spreading your tvshow on a local post, but is from years ago.
i want to wish you goodluck and to be happy with your family, your children seems to be wonderfull (i saw them in the photos)
i wish you all the best!!! you are great!

Likes (0)

#69 Sat 04 Jun 05 10:33pm

Georgeann

From Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Member since Sat 04 Jun 05

Hello Jamie,

I always welcome you to my home via the TV! I missed seeing you at your last visit to Toronto, but I enjoy your videos as often as possible.

Your tips and tricks are great! I use the stuffed onion recipe alot.

Likes (0)

#70 Sun 05 Jun 05 11:10am

nine

From BKK
Member since Sun 05 Jun 05

Hi guys,

I just registed and wanna say hi to you all. I just apply for the bakery and pastry course in USA. I think i might have to joint this web more often when my class start coz I know I will have lots of broblems that people in this web can help me out for sure.

Hey Joey, you have such a very interesting charactoristic way of cook. It is really fun to watch you cook everytime.

Well, thanks for a cool web big_smile

Nine.

Likes (0)