forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Tue 11 Oct 05 11:05pm

Mrs.D.

From Heart Of The Canadian North
Member since Fri 30 Sep 05

A message for the Oliver Family.

I just had the time to read through your "About Me Link", I must admit , I knew most of your working history and I've watched your struggles with the first fifteen, as your lovely wife was about to give birth and I often wandered just how the hell you both managed to kept it together! You never underplayed the things that went right& you never overplayed the Dramas [and there were a few]. :!:  What's left of my Mom's family still live in London and my brother-in-law was just transferred there. He's in the military and has taken command of his specialized troops,[I better leave it at that] hope you understand. I only hope his wife can roll with the punches, with as much grace and happiness as Jools did.Both my kids have long since moved on, and I looked at that beautiful picture of you & Jools and your little ones, & my heart aches and I wonder where did all that time go, where did all those wonderful years go? All I really know is that it went to fast, way to bloody fast! I'm sorry Jamie, I seem to have gotten a little teary eyed, so I'll say Bye for now, Keep them as close as you can Jamie & Jools, make memories everyday your with them, lol  [silly,stupid & wonderful memories],and as I always end my correspondence, "I hope everyone had at least one reason to smile today", Best Wishes, ..Mrs.D.. :cry:

Likes (0)

#2 Wed 12 Oct 05 12:22am

kittenclaws

Forum champ
From The Med
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Re: A message for the Oliver Family.

I can be cynical and sarcastic Mrs D when I detect sycophancy, ignorance and patronising attitudes but you sound very sad and I want to encourage you to post on here. Look out for posts by mercedes, elvis, kjab, luna, guzz, sabs, bookgirl, cupcake, lorne - amongst many others. That's just on Leftovers which is the only forum I visit.

We have a lot of laughs (and most of them are Cambodians). They'll inspire you and lighten your heart which sounds as if it needs a little lifting.

But beware!! Once you get it it's evey man for himself  smile

Likes (0)

#3 Wed 12 Oct 05 1:38am

Mrs.D.

Thank you Honey, for the sweet words and the obvious care for your fellow human beings! I have posted a few times on Leftovers, believe it or not , I've left a few of my well preserved jokes. Maybe you could take a peek at my posts,[ or even my profile], I've never asked anyone to do that before, so you must of touched a soft spot sweetie, and I must admit that today was probably a bad time to have looked at the Oliver's happy family photo. It was Thanksgiving here and I was sitting alone and, you were right, I couldn't stop the tears, I miss my family that was, when they were little & they needed me. That picture sorta brought back a flood of emotions and I thank you for noticing that, and I thank you for sending me the message that someone was listening and that you cared, it was very sweet! Well I'll say bye for now, and I hope everyone had at least one reason to smile today!, &  KittenClaws, you were the one who gave me the reason today! Mrs.D.. wink

Likes (0)

#4 Thu 13 Oct 05 8:36pm

kittenclaws

Forum champ
From The Med

I'm glad I could bring you a smile Mrs D. You'll find plenty of them in these forums  smile

Hope you're feeling better.

Likes (0)

#5 Thu 13 Oct 05 10:54pm

Elvis Parsley

Forum champ
Occupation Checking your Missus out
From www.myspace.com/elvisparsley
Member since Tue 29 Jun 04

Hey Mrs D - I'm 34 and I still need my mum (especially for top retro cooking tips!)

Thought your post was lovely.  Now can I go and be mischievous again?  Please?

Likes (0)

#6 Fri 14 Oct 05 12:08am

kittenclaws

Forum champ
From The Med

What a lovely compliment from Elvis. Don't be downhearted, there are plenty of us here who need our mums (including me and I'm old  :cry: smile ).

Likes (0)

#7 Fri 14 Oct 05 1:42am

Pete

Forum champ
From The Office
Member since Tue 18 May 04

You're always welcome to come here and chat about anything you like Mrs D..

Whereabouts in Canada is Thunder Bay?

Likes (0)

#8 Fri 14 Oct 05 2:37pm

La Luna

Forum champ
From Peterborough, ON Canada
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

I'm Canadian as well - Peterborough, Ontario.
Welcome to JO-land.

Kitten - THAT was a lovely post.
Thank you for including me in such a stellar list.
xxx
L

Likes (0)

#9 Fri 14 Oct 05 2:43pm

Mrs.D.

Hey everyone, if you guys get any sweeter, you just might have me believing there's hope for this crazy world of ours, and with a name like ELVIS, you can be as mischievous as you can manage! Thunder Bay is in Northern Ontario, about 45 minutes from one of the borders in Minnesota [U.S.], Minneapolis a 5 hour drive, Duluth Minn. a 3 hour drive. We sit right on the banks of Lake Superior, [one of the 5 Great Lakes]. This country of ours is so huge, that to fly from one end to the other, is further than flying from Canada to England! It costs more to phone Vancouver B.C. then it does to phone my Aunt in London,Eng. and by the way PETE, you've got a lovely smile [ahhhh]. People always say that the eyes are a window to the soul, not so, it's your smile! So now about those children of mine, I know they still need their Mom, they just don't think they do! [and I'm okay with that].And as I finish this rather long reply, I am totally amazed, that someone I've never met, has somehow found a straight line to my heart [sappy I know, but nonetheless, true]. For you KITTENCLAWS, I've sent in a couple of jokes {in that thread], I hope they give you, a reason to smile today. wink Maybe, just maybe, I might actually have a cooking question or two in the future, [it is Jamie's Forum after-all] but as for right now, I'm enjoying myself just chit-chatting the way we are :!:, Take Care of yourselves, because if you don't, I WILL. Until next time, I leave you, a very contented, Mrs.D.. smile Thank You..

Likes (0)

#10 Fri 14 Oct 05 2:50pm

Mrs Gibba

Forum champ
Member since Thu 14 Apr 05

Ah Mrs D - can we adopt you as a forum Mum?

Likes (0)